Saints Rich Eisen giving props to Saints (1 Viewer)

Yeah, stupid MJD was all, "You think that means something? Naw, the Peckers will be fine. Just fine."

I hope that win IS a measure of our team. I think it does say more about us than it does GB; but I just don't know what the end of the year will say. Right now, though, the thought of Aaron Rodgers crying himself to sleep is pretty sweet.
MJD?? Sir this is a Wendy's :LOL:

This is for the media who cant see the forrest for the trees. What happened to the Packers yesterday was the Saints Defense! It was nothing the Pack did wrong but instead what we did right! It was also our Offensive Line. They were opening huge holes and wearing the Pack defense out! Jameis has matured so much and that year under Brees is priceless already. Very good game by Jameis He deserves some praise so thanks Rich. Im sure Drew taught him about eating the cheese so I dont think we will see a rollercoaster when it comes to Winston. Run the ball and stop the run and you will win more than you lose!

He mentions if you didn't see the game and saw the QB stats and who would you guess the stats would be attributed to you would have flipped them around. I was thinking something similar that if you just heard the final score was 38-3, you'd have thought the Pack had routed the Saints. What an impressive win by a hurricane displaced team on a neutral field, that played only two preseason games, with a new starting QB following a legend, all but one receiver was undrafted, huge roster turnover and against a final four team/NFC #1 seed last year...

...what a spanking.

Jameis looked very professional with the suit and not a Cam Newton clone.
Spoke very well and humble about the city that signed him.
Jameis clearly has taken his disposition to a higher level of professionalism. I think it really comes and stems from the type of organization you are in and the players around you.

I'm hopeful.

The defense was fantastic, but not a shock because they were excellent last year and I think the losses from this unit were overrated. The o-line and running game were wonderful, no surprise there either.

But it's Jameis Winston that has me hopeful. Without great quarterback play every team has a ceiling. IF (large IF, but maybe diminishing) Winston has evolved into the quarterback (and man) that his potential has always shown, then we have a 27 year old monster with every tool a QB could wish for and (hopefully) the desire to prove it.

I sure hope so.

Last edited:
I'm sure everyone remembers these games.

1) Tom Brady benched in 38-17 defeat by the Saints (2009)
2) Aaron Rodgers benched in 38-3 defeat by the Saints (2021)

How many teams can say that?
Also...

Whereas Brady wasn't benched in 38-3 beat down by the Saints last year, he didn't see the field after the 6:43 mark in the 4th, and Blaine Gabbert took the field to take a kneel down at the end.

ETA: Kinda like the 2nd and 3rd to last plays by TB:

47:31110NOR 20Tom Brady pass incomplete short right. Penalty on Tom Brady: Intentional Grounding, 14 yards3804.2401.800
47:23224NOR 34Tom Brady sacked by Malcom Brown for -10 yards3801.800-0.160
46:43334NOR 44

Last edited:
  • 1Hearts
Reactions: LoE
I'm hopeful.

The defense was fantastic, but not a shock because they were excellent last year and I think the losses were overrated. The o-line and running game was wonderful, no surprise there either.

But it's Jameis Winston that has me hopeful. Without great quarterback play every team has a ceiling. IF (large IF, but maybe diminishing) Winston has evolved into the quarterback (and man) that his potential has always shown, then we have a 27 year old monster with every tool a QB could wish for and (hopefully) the desire to prove it.

I sure hope so.
From an earlier post (that no one seemed to have acknowledged!)

Saw a stat on ESPN: Saints played man-to-man coverage most of the game.​
AR had a 4.3 QBR when they did!
(He finished with a 13.5 QBR.)​
Amazing!​

Esp when considering who was playing back there!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom