Saints Rich Eisen giving props to Saints (1 Viewer)

THE BEST comment was from Rex Ryan:
"the Packers were smoked like sausage!

Even a lot of fans were writing us off before the season even began. I would agree that this might be up there as one of, if not the best season openers we've ever had. On the road after being displaced by a hurricane, a new QB that many were skeptical of, against a top team, which all the experts predicted beat us. So, to sneak a W would have been amazing, but we absolutely laid the hurt on them. How incredible.

Yesterday was the best I’ve ever seen Kay Adams look

and she always looks good

You want to talk lack of respect? NFL.com has us ranked lower than an 0-1 Browns team...
I'll sort of defend Hanzus on this one. The Browns were one punt, their first one incidentally, from beating the consensus best team in the AFC on their home field. He also stated publicly that he had a hard time slotting the Saints because of the unknowns. He did slide the Saints up 5 into the top 10.

Power rankings really don't matter anyway, but the thinking around these particular rankings make some sense.

As someone else posted here (I think), Steven A. Smith put the Saints as #2 on his top 5 list. And while his co-hosts screamed at him about his other choices, not a one of them had a problem with the Saints at #2.

SFIAH

keep in mind we did the same thing to Tampa opening day in 2020, look what happened

Not really. That game was still in question in the third quarter and we kept on getting flagged for DPI which made it seem like we were always just one desperation bomb away from losing the lead. Are you confusing that game with the second meeting which actually had the exact same 38-3 score as Sunday's game?

Ya'll get too wrapped up in what media personality think. They have preconceived opinions about the season. They will always look at the first weeks games with that bias lens. Many on this board were pessimistic going into the season with all of the questions. It is just one game and the first game of a 17 game season. The talking heads are either going to stick with their opinion until they can deny it any longer or flip flop endlessly throughout the season. You are stressing yourselves out. They are never going to "love" the team as much and if we are being honest, your lens is bias as well. Everyone have "favorites" and every one have teams they love to see lose. These guys are no different than anyone here. And if you think they are being paid to be objective and then you are deluding yourself.

----

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom