Rich Eisen on Drew Brees. Case closed (1 Viewer)

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It is just a matter of following the records.

You may have your flavour of who are the best ever. But the numbers don't lie. Drew is the best passer in league's history.

View: https://youtu.be/DI_E-AEWlUE

I like what I heard the other day.
There’s not one goat, there’s a herd of em. ??

Depending on your criteria.

"Greatness".

Good stuff, Bill. Thanks for posting.

His response to "No MVPs" was perfect: "I don't know if that's a strike against [Drew] or the people who vote on this stuff." That's abso-freakin-lutely correct.

Also . . . this (ref 3:02 in OP clip):

View: https://youtu.be/H4LAhmWsavg

Last edited:
This clip makes up for all the ignorant goofballs around the nation that disrespected THE man. Thanks for posting.

This just gave me a massive erection....mentally speaking, of course.

This clip makes up for all the ignorant goofballs around the nation that disrespected THE man. Thanks for posting.

I seriously don't know what anyone could have against the man. I've only met Brees once and it was when I was stationed in San Diego and he was in his last year with the Chargers (before the injury). He was with his wife at the freaking mall, of all places, and I accidentally bumped into him. I told him I was sorry and when I realized who it was, I just kind of sat there dumbfounded. It was like he realized what was happening and just started talking to me like any other person. He asked if I was a Marine (duh, I had the haircut, LOL) and we talked about that and he talked about his grandfather who was a Marine in WW2. Just as nice as could be.

So, yeah, I don't get the hate towards him. If he was as great as he is now but he was a huge butt crevasse, I could kind of see it, but he isn't and he's still the greatest QB to ever play. I just don't get it.

I think I've narrowed down why the Brees hate persist: he's just undersized for a QB and thus unappealing.

Disgusting.

I just think it's just small town/city disrespect. Most of these guys ignore the Saints for the most part during the season...so his steady great consistency is easily dismissed.

I seriously don't know what anyone could have against the man. I've only met Brees once and it was when I was stationed in San Diego and he was in his last year with the Chargers (before the injury). He was with his wife at the freaking mall, of all places, and I accidentally bumped into him. I told him I was sorry and when I realized who it was, I just kind of sat there dumbfounded. It was like he realized what was happening and just started talking to me like any other person. He asked if I was a Marine (duh, I had the haircut, LOL) and we talked about that and he talked about his grandfather who was a Marine in WW2. Just as nice as could be.

So, yeah, I don't get the hate towards him. If he was as great as he is now but he was a huge butt crevasse, I could kind of see it, but he isn't and he's still the greatest QB to ever play. I just don't get it.

Great post.
I actually think his great and ‘bland’ personality is a net negative for him. He doesn’t stir up controversy or really much of anything. He genuinely seems to be a nice and good human being, which just isn’t exciting to the world, imo.

At least not in the context of a gladiator type sport. Just my opinion.

That was excellent.

Also, my personal little add on that I've thought about for years.......
Drew Brees is OUR quarterback.
This city, this region, all of his faithful and grateful followers.

So, who gives a crap what anyone else thinks. It only matters to us.
What an amazing guy he is.

That was excellent.

Also, my personal little add on that I've thought about for years.......
Drew Brees is OUR quarterback.
This city, this region, all of his faithful and grateful followers.

So, who gives a crap what anyone else thinks. It only matters to us.
What an amazing guy he is.

This all day long brother.
Who Dat.

That's great an all, but I've seen Eisen be part of the large market bias against Drew quite often. It's good that he's doing this now, but he's just as guilty as anyone else for not recognizing the greatness.

Drew is forcing this conversation on these people. And some of them are angry about it - MJD, Kellerman, etc. Eisen approaches it with grace, but it's still being forced on him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom