Rich Eisen on Drew Brees. Case closed (1 Viewer)

Swimmer as usual you hit that proverbial nail brother, right on the head. Agreed.

We have to meet and watch a game someday. Over a brew. I’m only a couple hours from Austin for the next couple of years. Even if I come in looking like the governor from The Walking Dead, or one eyed Willy from the Goonies I can use the eye that will be left to watch our boys.

Only a few hours from Austin? We need to do a Shoal Creek game. Who Dats from NO says it's the best place to see a game outside the Dome.

Loose Cannon having the baby has temporarily hosed Shoal Creek for a few games. How dare he - lol. It would be a blast to see your smiling face

Btw: Baby Brooks already owns my arse. Lol

Only a few hours from Austin? We need to do a Shoal Creek game. Who Dats from NO says it's the best place to see a game outside the Dome.

Loose Cannon having the baby has temporarily hosed Shoal Creek for a few games. How dare he - lol. It would be a blast to see your smiling face

Btw: Baby Brooks already owns my arse. Lol

Congrats on the baby again. ?
I’m down. Just say when. (After I’ve hppefully healed would be better) so the baby timing is good for my wife and I as well.

Eta:
188 miles out. We can do that.

Bad enough MVP voting has already proven to be a JOKE

But IMO, despite all of his years in the league, his accomplishments both on and off the field, Drew being neg repped as the GOAT by a bunch of JACKASSES is easily the biggest JOKE of em all!

Jus win the SB and Drew gets his second MVP!!!

And WE get the last laugh!!!

Unitas was a better QB than Favre, Elway, Aikman, Bradshaw and every bit as good as Staubach, Brady, Marino, Manning. So was Tarkenton. (Hated that guy.)

Eisen is dead on about lifetime achievement award. I had already thought that.

As long as it’s close between him and Mahomes and Goff and whoever and we are 12-4 or better the MVP is totally Drew’s.

Eisen is dead on about lifetime achievement award. I had already thought that.

As long as it’s close between him and Mahomes and Goff and whoever and we are 12-4 or better the MVP is totally Drew’s.

I don't want to wish bad on Drew, because if he's earned it, he's EARNED it and he should get it. But a small, selfish part of me doesn't want him to get the MVP. They didn't vote him one in seasons where he EARNED it, I don't want his MVP to be a "pity" award of lifetime achievement. That smacks of "we screwed up, but here's your trophy, are we off the hook now?" At this point, I'd prefer to see the MVP award diluted of its lustre, with folks questioning (rightfully so) HOW a player of Brees' magnitude has never won it. Just looking at the NFC South and considering that MVPs are a measure of "greatness" (as set forth by these so-called "expert" talking heads), Drew Brees is only the 3rd best QB in the division. And when you think about that statement, you realize how ridiculous it sounds and just how much of an assinine statement it is. I want the entire sports-loving nation to realize what we already know and question the validity of MVP awards, voted on by sports writers, not by NFL coaches & peers. I want to watch those voters squirm forever while they explain HOW the greatest passer in the history of the game, possibly the GOAT QB, has never even sniffed that accolade. As Eisen pointed out in his show, is that an indictment of Brees or the MVP voters? I think we all know the answer to that, and I'd like to see that line of questioning pursued. With that rant over...

Drew isn't done yet, fellow whodats! Obviously, the yardage stats will continue to accumulate; the completion percentage record is in play again, against his own previous record, as well as the number of seasons of 70%+, and the career completion record; and yet another 5,000+ yard season is in play again. Other than Drew, no one has done that more than once; yet Drew does it routinely! (What 5-6 seasons now, and counting?)

On to new accomplishments...he's at 499 touchdowns. The next TD pass vaults him into the 500 club, along with Manning, Favre & Brady. It's likely to happen in the next game, against the Ravens, joining Favre as the only other QB to beat all 32 teams in his career. And Drew is fully aware. Check out this segment on Verizon/Yahoo sports (can't be embedded, sorry folks):

https://verizon.yahoo.com/sports/orleans-saints-quarterback-drew-brees-043852441.html

This is a nice, feel-good, story where former teamates of Drew congratulate him and wish him well in the future. Lot's of smiles, back-patting, and "luv you bro'" moments...until Reggie Bush mentions there is only 1 team left that Drew hasn't beat yet and asks him if he knows what team that is. Starting at the 4:16 mark of that video, fun-time is over...Drew ain't smiling anymore...he's got his eye-of-the-tiger gameface on...and answers without hesitation "the Ravens." Check out his eyes, check out his expression, check out his demeanor...the Ravens are the next career-goal to be checked off his list! The Ravens have been a thorn in our arse for YEARS, and my 2 sons (die-hard Ravens fans) let me know it every 4 years. Bet the farm...Drew joins the 500 club and the Ravens finally fall to Drew Brees, despite Drew throwing his first interception of the season. It'll be nice to strut in my own house for the rest of the season. It's happening...

Remember when there was a MVP flowchart floating around where the default result always tracked back to 'give it to Peyton'.

Peyton was even given serious consideration for MVP that year he was reCooperating on the sideline while his pregnant wife was taking HGH, and his team was full speed ahead on suck for luck.

Spot on Hump. And Smith probably had the most powerful running O-line in modern history to run behind. Sanders, not so....

How many Lombardis would Brees have with the Pats, Steelers or old Ginat defenses? 5?

I remember people saying that Barry ran behind Dallas’ O line that we would have averaged 2000+ yards a season

Here's another one:
From this weeks NFL.com PowerRankings:

.... "Total Access: Endgame" debated the Saints franchise quarterback's place among the NFL's all-time elite. The knock against Brees is that he has won "only" one Super Bowl, whereas guys like Ben Roethlisberger and Eli Manning, among others, have earned multiple Lombardi trophies. Well, that's dandy (and overly simplistic), but if you are going to consider a quarterback's ceiling -- i.e., how many championships he's won -- shouldn't you also take into account his floor? When have you ever seen Brees play poorly, or be the reason the Saints lost? Now, have you ever seen Manning or Joe Flacco stink up the joint? That's why I can't stand the wins metric for ranking quarterbacks. If the peanut gallery wants Flacco in its top tier of all time, so be it. Must be nice to walk out on the field and know your defense will hold the opponent under 20 points. How often has Brees' defenses in New Orleans provided that kind of support? Brees > Roethlisberger > Griese > Eli > Flacco > all but a select few passers to ever play the position. Period."

I don't want to wish bad on Drew, because if he's earned it, he's EARNED it and he should get it. But a small, selfish part of me doesn't want him to get the MVP. They didn't vote him one in seasons where he EARNED it, I don't want his MVP to be a "pity" award of lifetime achievement. That smacks of "we screwed up, but here's your trophy, are we off the hook now?" At this point, I'd prefer to see the MVP award diluted of its lustre, with folks questioning (rightfully so) HOW a player of Brees' magnitude has never won it. Just looking at the NFC South and considering that MVPs are a measure of "greatness" (as set forth by these so-called "expert" talking heads), Drew Brees is only the 3rd best QB in the division. And when you think about that statement, you realize how ridiculous it sounds and just how much of an assinine statement it is. I want the entire sports-loving nation to realize what we already know and question the validity of MVP awards, voted on by sports writers, not by NFL coaches & peers. I want to watch those voters squirm forever while they explain HOW the greatest passer in the history of the game, possibly the GOAT QB, has never even sniffed that accolade. As Eisen pointed out in his show, is that an indictment of Brees or the MVP voters? I think we all know the answer to that, and I'd like to see that line of questioning pursued. With that rant over...

Drew isn't done yet, fellow whodats! Obviously, the yardage stats will continue to accumulate; the completion percentage record is in play again, against his own previous record, as well as the number of seasons of 70%+, and the career completion record; and yet another 5,000+ yard season is in play again. Other than Drew, no one has done that more than once; yet Drew does it routinely! (What 5-6 seasons now, and counting?)

On to new accomplishments...he's at 499 touchdowns. The next TD pass vaults him into the 500 club, along with Manning, Favre & Brady. It's likely to happen in the next game, against the Ravens, joining Favre as the only other QB to beat all 32 teams in his career. And Drew is fully aware. Check out this segment on Verizon/Yahoo sports (can't be embedded, sorry folks):

https://verizon.yahoo.com/sports/orleans-saints-quarterback-drew-brees-043852441.html

This is a nice, feel-good, story where former teamates of Drew congratulate him and wish him well in the future. Lot's of smiles, back-patting, and "luv you bro'" moments...until Reggie Bush mentions there is only 1 team left that Drew hasn't beat yet and asks him if he knows what team that is. Starting at the 4:16 mark of that video, fun-time is over...Drew ain't smiling anymore...he's got his eye-of-the-tiger gameface on...and answers without hesitation "the Ravens." Check out his eyes, check out his expression, check out his demeanor...the Ravens are the next career-goal to be checked off his list! The Ravens have been a thorn in our arse for YEARS, and my 2 sons (die-hard Ravens fans) let me know it every 4 years. Bet the farm...Drew joins the 500 club and the Ravens finally fall to Drew Brees, despite Drew throwing his first interception of the season. It'll be nice to strut in my own house for the rest of the season. It's happening...

The sad little gears in my head were starting to smoke from the strain of figuring out "Which team has Brady failed to beat?

Sadly, I had to look it up!

[sigh]

NOTE: Favre and P Manning are both in the "Beaten all 32 teams League".

Soon to be joined by Drew!

Geaux Drew!

The sad little gears in my head were starting to smoke from the strain of figuring out "Which team has Brady failed to beat?

Sadly, I had to look it up!

[sigh]

NOTE: Favre and P Manning are both in the "Beaten all 32 teams League".

Soon to be joined by Drew!

Geaux Drew!

I wasn't aware Manning had accomplished this also. Thanks for the correction VP!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom