Rich Eisen said Saints on Hard Knocks #1 choice (1 Viewer)

NYCSaintsFan

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Watching Rich Eisen Show and they were conducting a poll of the teams eligible which one would they like to see. The criteria is haven't made playoffs in last 2 years, and no head coaching change. Unfortunately the Saints qualify along with Browns, Titans, Bears, Eagles, Bucs, and Colts. What are everyone's thoughts on this? I have mixed feelings. Rich said seeing Payton behind the scene would be compelling and I agree. Plus it's our team so it's way to see what's going on behind the scenes. Which would make it that more interesting. However I know Payton has been against it from the beginning and the last thing this team needs is more distraction, considering they haven't progressed.

Someone's got to break the trend of teams on the show doing poorly, may as well be the Saints.

As far as it distracting the team and staff, it's a put up or shut up year anyway, so they kinda have to push on through any obstacles (short of a Brees injury, knock on wood) that may come their way anyway, so go ahead and have at it.

May as well say "We are going to be better and nothing's going to stop us, so bring it on."

The Falcons were on it 2 years ago and they are in the Superbowl.

It would be pretty sweet to see a behind the scenes look on our team, we already know Payton wouldn't like it....consider me torn between the two.

I'd hit it

It would be pretty sweet to see a behind the scenes look on our team, we already know Payton wouldn't like it....consider me torn between the two.

Perhaps Payton can use it to create a Belichick style us vs the world bunker mentality?

Of those options, unless someone volunteers, it's going to be us. Clear as day. Mayyyyyyyyyybe the Colts with the league still insistent on promoting Andrew Luck as God's gift to football, but.

I may be in the minority, but I don't really care about how the team feels about it; I'd like to see the Saints on it and follow training camp more closely.

There's actually no curse for this thing.i looked up the stats on it a couple weeks ago and the records for teams after HK was almost identical to their records before it. Rarely has a team gotten worse after hard knocks. But they don't often get better either

I'm not in Saints Country ... We didn't get much love when we were contenders , we darn sure aren't getting much love now. I'd love to see it. Honestly.

We're different than most Hard Knocks ballclubs because we'd be the first to actually have a chance to win it all. Stakes would be higher.

I don't think Saints are gonna be first choice compare to larger markets like The Eagles, Bears, or Colts.

I would LOVE to see the Saints on Hard Knocks. 2017 could be our only chance at a Hard Knocks in the Brees/Payton era. We all know Payton would never volunteer and I don't think we will miss the playoffs again until Brees retires. I want the Saints on Hard Knocks more than I want any particular player in the draft.

I would love to see it, but you have to admit, it's pretty sad that we're even candidates.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom