Richard Sherman rant (1 Viewer)

The Super Bowl game was like two years ago. This Seattle game was like a few days ago. Two different game; two different scenario, different players, and very different team. Whether it was the right call or not, Seattle won the game against a very bad Rams team. But this is beside the point. It doesn't matter if it is the right call or not. What gives Sherman the privilege to go into the face of an offensive coach like that on national tv and call him out in the media? Sherman is a defensive player. It is ok to disagree, but what Sherman did was outright disrespectful and unprofessional at all level
Players dedicate their lives and sacrifice everything for the chance to win a superbowl. You can't ever get over losing a superbowl the way they did. Here is a video of Sherman's reaction when Seattle was about to win the superbowl and then threw that INT on the 1 yard line instead of pounding the ball with Lynch. Look at the pain on Sherman's face, it's stunning. His outburst a few days ago was obviously triggered by this memory. Sherman is an elite defender in the NFL and I think when a guy earns it on the field he gets a little more leeway than the average player.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/P4SIIXETy_o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Players dedicate their lives and sacrifice everything for the chance to win a superbowl. You can't ever get over losing a superbowl the way they did. Here is a video of Sherman's reaction when Seattle was about to win the superbowl and then threw that INT on the 1 yard line instead of pounding the ball with Lynch. Look at the pain on Sherman's face, it's stunning. His outburst a few days ago was obviously triggered by this memory. Sherman is an elite defender in the NFL and I think when a guy earns it on the field he gets a little more leeway than the average player.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/P4SIIXETy_o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Leeway to disrespect a coach, be it an offensive coordinator? Who gives him that right? There are 53 plus players and coaches on that team. How is he given that privilege. That Super Bowl was two years ago. Granted a lot of people do disagree with that call. Just because the camera is on Sherman, you don't think the others are reacting that way too? If that memory linger in his mind, then he is not mentally tough to move on. What he should remember is the butt whopping he got just recently by the Packers. Also just last year, Carolina pretty much whipped their butt both time.

Leeway to disrespect a coach, be it an offensive coordinator? Who gives him that right? There are 53 plus players and coaches on that team. How is he given that privilege. That Super Bowl was two years ago. Granted a lot of people do disagree with that call. Just because the camera is on Sherman, you don't think the others are reacting that way too? If that memory linger in his mind, then he is not mentally tough to move on. What he should remember is the butt whopping he got just recently by the Packers. Also just last year, Carolina pretty much whipped their butt both time.

There are 53 players on that team, and Sherman is better than just about all of them. He is arguably the top corner in the league. He's a team leader. So he earned the right to be more vocal than the average player because he is that much more important than the average player. Do you think they are going to cut him over this or something? No way. Passionate players do stuff like this from time to time, its a byproduct of being a fiery and emotional player. Just like when Mark Ingram said "I aint playing with these *******" after he scored following his benching.

He may push the DPI and Offensive Holding envelope a bit but I challlenge you to give me examples of him being "a dirty player" like Suh, Burfict, Norman, Beckham and their like.

You just showed how he is a dirty player. He holds all the time and complains like hell when he is proven wrong again.

Norman is just like him so I really don't see how you absolve one but not the other.

Sherman is dirty end of story.

And if you don't think other QBs would of got the call against him I have a bridge to sell you. It connects the east and west bank and has a great view.

If Carl Smith and Rick Venturi had a love child his name would be Darrell Bevell, and in typical Bevell fashion he called the crappiest play he could think of.

Do you guys notice how the Seahawks defensive coaches are always getting poached, but nobody will give Bevell more than a courtesy interview? It's like the team is winning in spite of Darrell.

Was Sherman out of line? Meh. Who am I to judge? He is a captain of that team, and as obnoxiousness as they might be, they are too damn impressive. If he didn't speak up what kind of leader would he be? We aren't talking Junior Gillet being named a captain, we are talking about a well thought young man, who is probably smarter than 9/10ths of the league. Guy is vocal and for all the crap people give him about stuff like this, they are crickets when he talks on social issues, and how big a sham the NFL is regarding endorsements, etc.

I like Sherman, I wish we had a few guys like him on our team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom