Richard Sherman reacts to still-developing Saints cornerback situation (1 Viewer)

woohoosaint

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Either he thinks that Adebo can be the real deal (with Kris Richards as the DB coach) or he's trying to ramp up the Saints interest in him...

While fielding questions from fans during a Twitch streaming event, Sherman mulled the situation with the Saints.
“It’s gotta be a ‘want’ and it’s got to be a respect level with everything,” Sherman said of interest between himself and potential suitors. “So, you know what I mean, Kris being there, they just drafted a corner. They don’t seem to me to be a ‘Y.'”
It’s unclear exactly what Sherman meant by that, but context clues suggest he doesn’t see the Saints as a ‘Yes’ in fitting what he’s looking for. He would be, at best, competing with Adebo to start in New Orleans. Considering Adebo’s talents and the coaching he’ll receive from Kris Richard, who Sherman has seen develop prospects firsthand, there are going to be more appealing destinations for him out there.

I realize CB is of concern, but Sherman isn’t the player he was 2-3 years ago. If he signed here, Saint fans won’t see the same guy that played lockdown CB in Seattle. Today’s WR’s are young, fast and play with a rules advantage.
I also dont expect him to be paid by anyone what he was 2-3 years ago. Hes in the twilight of his career but could bring some veteran leadership. Im not all gung ho about getting him, but I wouldnt be upset if the price was right either.

I think the value of a Richard Sherman is more for the locker room, film room, and sideline more than the actual field

A player/coach that is 80% coach

He's also far from his prime but don't underestimate what he can still bring on the field either

Last edited:
He may not be the physical talent he once was, but he hasn't lost any mental skills so that alone would help this poor secondary intelligence in itself.
He probably wants way to much money though since he is own agent I believe & he truly believes he is still top level

I think the value of a Richard Sherman is more for the locker room, study room, and sideline more than the actual field

A player/coach that is 80% coach

He's also far from his prime but don't underestimate what he can still bring on the field either
I can see that. He's clearly very smart. I can't believe there's so many people thinking he's still the same player he was.

I realize CB is of concern, but Sherman isn’t the player he was 2-3 years ago. If he signed here, Saint fans won’t see the same guy that played lockdown CB in Seattle. Today’s WR’s are young, fast and play with a rules advantage.
He doesn’t have to be the guy he was 2-3 years ago. He just has to be better than what we have...which he is.

I don’t respect the way he uses the words respect and want. And he is far to smart to be saying that we don’t seem like a yes because we drafted a corner. He knows what depth is. Seems like games yo.

Skerd of a third rounder? Then stay your arse out of the South @richardsherman

Last edited:
I also dont expect him to be paid by anyone what he was 2-3 years ago. Hes in the twilight of his career but could bring some veteran leadership. Im not all gung ho about getting him, but I wouldnt be upset if the price was right either.
yeah, if our players develop we just need a Mike McKenzie type bridge player

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom