Richard Sherman said league apologized for not calling two Saints pick plays OPI (1 Viewer)

The league told me they never said that to him.

See how I did that....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

72877834.jpg

Here's my question on the play....

Snead comes off of the line and runs straight.

The CB is directly in front of him.

Snead doesn't veer L or R, he just runs directly into him.

Is that a pick?

It seems to me a pick would be more of a seek him out and block him.

Snead ran straight, and the dude was in his way.

Basically, who gets the right-away when a WR is running straight and the DB doesn't move. I would say the DB must move, but I don't know the rule.
Yeah it looked like the defender was engaging with sneed and not trying to cover Cooks. I don't understand how that would be PI

Sherm stop crying like a lil *****. You get away with more penalties then any team in football, Karma's a ***** bruh!!

Yeah it looked like the defender was engaging with sneed and not trying to cover Cooks. I don't understand how that would be PI

As far as I understand it, the rule is that the receiver can engage in a "rub block" up to one yard off the line of scrimmage. Gotta admit, I thought it was OPI too. But I jus slo mowed it, and Snead n the DB made their INITIAL contact right about the 1 yd line. Since the ball was on the 2, I guess it was legal. What probably made it look illegal was how Willie drove the guy like 5yds into the endzone!

Snead does alot of this inline blocking, and I know both he n SP are well aware of the 1 yd rule. Still, I would like to know if it was legal r not, jus for clarity.

I'm sorry the Saints put 51 points on Seahawks back in the day. League called and said they ran up score!!!

An apology from the league and 4 dollars might get you a cup of joe from Starbucks, Richie. No one is going to remember that **** next year anyway. The only thing people will recall is New Orleans Saints W, Seattle SnivelChickens L.

The league has been apologizing a lot this so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And why are we allowing the thread title to remain as it is when it is entirely inaccurate

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom