N/S Richard Sherman to miss time on 49ers D ? (1 Viewer)

Hope so. Their corners are pretty average besides him even though he's pretty slow compared to his prime. I'll take any advantage we can get for better playoff seeding even if it means injuries to San Fran and Green Bay. It's not like we don't have to deal with a plethora of injuries to important players too. It's football; injuries happen. Tough luck for them if he misses considerable time.

Didn't he come back into the game on Sunday? Or no?

I"d wager both he and Ford are done for the regular season. Dont forget they also lost their starting center for the season. And with critical divisional games vs Lamb and Hwaks remaining they will be missed.
We just need to take care of our business and let it all play out.

Didn't he come back into the game on Sunday? Or no?
He did but I think he ultimately left the game towards the end and didn't return. I could be wrong. I obviously was focusing a lot more on the Saints towards the end of the game but don't remember him making any plays towards the end.

I am going to enjoy every second of the 49ers losing to Dallas/Philly as a wild card to end their dream season. Ive said it since week 4 , its seattles division, period.

I am going to enjoy every second of the 49ers losing to Dallas/Philly as a wild card to end their dream season. Ive said it since week 4 , its seattles division, period.
They wouldn't be playing the 4 seed in the wild card round. If they end up a wild card team, it'd be the #5 seed and facing us again in the Dome unless we manage to get a bye.

ETA: I'm an idiot. Please accept my apologies. I don't know how I screwed up the simplest part of playoff seeding.

Last edited:
They wouldn't be playing the 4 seed in the wild card round. If they end up a wild card team, it'd be the #5 seed and facing us again in the Dome unless we manage to get a bye.

Umm if 49ers are the 5th seed wild card then they would play the 4th seed Cowboys. As of now the Vikings play us since its 3 vs 6. Only way we play the 49ers is if we drop below the Cowboys to the 4th seed which I don't think is possible anymore.

Umm if 49ers are the 5th seed wild card then they would play the 4th seed Cowboys. As of now the Vikings play us since its 3 vs 6. Only way we play the 49ers is if we drop below the Cowboys to the 4th seed which I don't think is possible anymore.
Doh! I really had a brain fart there. My apologies.

It's Tuesday, understandable. Would be interesting to have a Vikings playoff rematch. Get our real Minny Miracle revenge.
And have it be in our house this time. With that being the last playoff game against them, they wouldn't be able to hear themselves think from the opening whistle to 0:00 on the scoreboard.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom