Rick Gosselin's Mock Draft V1.0 (1 Viewer)

Saying that Gosselin is overrated and that he is one of the worst are two totally different points of contention. Ben Roethlisberger is overrated. Hmm, I guess that means he's also one of the worst. See, it does not square.

Gosselin's reputation is PREDICATED on one solid year...one UNBELIEVABLY solid year than a consistency with getting a HIGH number of players projected to the actual teams that choose them. Like, I do not intend to be demeaning. But why is this rocket science? How did you show me that I was wrong? Show me MORE than ONE year where he has gotten 3 out of every 4 picks right?

Apples and oranges. See, they are what you call "different" fruit. And when you show me that Gosselin has gotten an average of 87 players landed in the top 100 players chosen ni the NFL Draft and I tell you that I am talking about the number of players projected to the actual teams that chose them, then we are also talking different fruit. The only difference--no pun intended--is that this fruit is not sweet. In fact, judging by this thread, it's quite bitter.

Again, I await your response on how I am wrong? Please, SHOW ME...I'll say that again...SHOW ME...where Gosselin has had 3 out of every 4 players chosen in the first round projected to the right team more than in just one season. Gosselin did not become a household name to learned sports fans until HE HAD THAT UNBELIEVABLE year. He's good, there is no doubt to that. He's one of the best. But so is Clark Judge it appears. And the difference between them is that GOSSELIN HAD A REMARKABLE YEAR that separated him in the minds of learned sports fans from the pack. And so I say that he is overrated because people are expecting each one of his first round mocks to have 75% of the picks correct just as he had that one year. Even though he is one of the most accurate draft prognosticators out there, HE HAS NOT GOTTEN CLOSE to 75% of the projections to the RIGHT TEAM since the first time he did it. Rocket science? NOT HARDLY!!! Instead, this is a failure to concede to the fact that you misread my earlier thoughts as to just what I was referring to with Gosselin.

Wow, kinda bitter about being wrong I see. Take it easy, everyone's wrong sometimes.
As far as showing you, I believe I already have (several times) in my previous posts. If you couldn't comprehend it then reposting it certainly isn't going to change anything. You can strawman all you want, but you were wrong. Just live with it and move on.

You are right about one thing though, someone isn't getting it, but it isn't me.

Take it easy man, just messing around. :)

It's cool. I'm over it. I just think it is silly that I am having an argument that should not even be since Tweeky and I are not even discussing the same point.

Wow, kinda bitter about being wrong I see. Take it easy, everyone's wrong sometimes.
As far as showing you, I believe I already have (several times) in my previous posts. If you couldn't comprehend it then reposting it certainly isn't going to change anything. You can strawman all you want, but you were wrong. Just live with it and move on.

You are right about one thing though, someone isn't getting it, but it isn't me.

Tweeky, I would like to walk away from this discussion--though disappointed wtih the fact that you are misreading the point I am raising with regard to Gosselin--feeling like I won't readily dismiss your thoughts next time I see a post from you no matter the subject. Right now, it's getting harder. Nevertheless, I am big enough to look beyond my disagreement with you and give any future thoughts you may share the credence and engagement they deserve.

That said, I am not bitter about being wrong. You have not proven me to be wrong. You have proven that you can make a specious argument that does not square its opposition to the contention that I have raised. That is, for me, not only disappointing but frustrating. It's frustrating to see because it evinces to me how people can easily fail to acknowledge when they have jumped to conclusions or argued points that fall deeply out of context. You, my friend, have done that throughout this conversation. If you honestly believe that comparing Gosselin's overall consistency with projecting a high number of players to be taken in the top 100 selections to projecting the right players to the actual teams that selected them in the first round is the same thing, then there is a cognitive disconnect for which no dialogue between us will overcome.

in the final analysis, I guess there is no such thing to you as an overrated player. In the case, Deangelo Hall must love your assessments.

I understand REALCHRISM's point being -this guy isn't Moses coming down from the mountain with his draft picks as some suppose and if some take that as a statement that he is generally "overated" then rightfully so. Honestly it looks like a good draft to me except the Rivers pick and the fact that I anticipate we will trade up.

See what I mean? Gosselin has this reputation that is more predicated on that one solid year he had than on a level of consistency. It's like a guy who makes the probowl once and develops a reputation for being good. Rueben Brown who use to play for Buffalo is one such guy. He made the probowl and then continued to make it even though he had a lot of supbar years. His rep become larger than his consistency, or, much rather, lack thereof.

Which year was Gosselin sooo lucky with???? Or are you just blowing smoke???

I have seen an article showing stats on sports reports mock drafts over a number of years and Gosselin was #1 and it was on this forum. I tend to believe articles like instead of believing in your comments which isn't backed up by anything.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom