Rick Gosselin's Mock Draft V1.0 (1 Viewer)

5. Kansas City Keith Rivers LB Southern California
Comment: Player who knows how to win championships

Because he was obviously the key cog as a back-up freshman LB in his only championship year. :shrug:

I don't think Gosselin is on drugs. His mocks seem odd because they are more based on inside info that he has from each team than it is on guesswork. So, his mocks are odd until you see a team like Miami take Ted Ginn at #9 or see a team like the Bengals pass up Donte Stallworth for Willie Anderson. Or how about the Raiders taking Nnamdi Asomougha years ago and everyone thinking it was a reach at the time. Gosselin mocks are rife with guys going in places you would never guess. In his mock's oddity, they actually end up being more realistic than mocks that are too logical.

It's like a work of fiction. In an appeal to seem authentic, a lot of logic can be introduced into it. In real life, you don't have to be so logical. All that said, I think Gosselin is OVERRATED. I think a few years ago, he did VERY well with a mock. Got an unbelievable amount of the picks right and everyone knows this. I think now teams are probably using him more to put out smokescreens than to share info with him as they expect that a lot of people are going to believe that his mock is accurate. Just my take.

this guy is pretty good at predicting these things but not 100%

See what I mean? Gosselin has this reputation that is more predicated on that one solid year he had than on a level of consistency. It's like a guy who makes the probowl once and develops a reputation for being good. Rueben Brown who use to play for Buffalo is one such guy. He made the probowl and then continued to make it even though he had a lot of supbar years. His rep become larger than his consistency, or, much rather, lack thereof.

And notice this one says BPA, not the right pick. So he has rivers as top 5

I don't think Gosselin is on drugs. His mocks seem odd because they are more based on inside info that he has from each team than it is on guesswork. So, his mocks are odd until you see a team like Miami take Ted Ginn at #9 or see a team like the Bengals pass up Donte Stallworth for Willie Anderson. Or how about the Raiders taking Nnamdi Asomougha years ago and everyone thinking it was a reach at the time. Gosselin mocks are rife with guys going in places you would never guess. In his mock's oddity, they actually end up being more realistic than mocks that are too logical.

It's like a work of fiction. In an appeal to seem authentic, a lot of logic can be introduced into it. In real life, you don't have to be so logical. All that said, I think Gosselin is OVERRATED. I think a few years ago, he did VERY well with a mock. Got an unbelievable amount of the picks right and everyone knows this. I think now teams are probably using him more to put out smokescreens than to share info with him as they expect that a lot of people are going to believe that his mock is accurate. Just my take.

Willie Anderson is older than dust. I think you mean Levi Jones. I remember that year too. I thought that they were going to take Phillip Buchanan for sure. They still had Richmond Webb as their LT at the time. That really was some draft looking back.

I think you're right. Misleading this guy to put out smokescreens makes sense after having their team's targets put out on front street is entirely possible.

Willie Anderson is older than dust. I think you mean Levi Jones. I remember that year too. I thought that they were going to take Phillip Buchanan for sure. They still had Richmond Webb as their LT at the time. That really was some draft looking back.

I think you're right. Misleading this guy to put out smokescreens makes sense after having their team's targets put out on front street is entirely possible.

You're right on it being Jones.

im ok with this pick especially if we land trevor laws in the second...

leodis is going to be a solid if not great player in the league...

See what I mean? Gosselin has this reputation that is more predicated on that one solid year he had than on a level of consistency.

One year?

3 year averages, Gosselin #1

2007 Top 100, Gosselin #1
2006 Top 100, Gosselin #1
2005 Top 100, Gosselin #1

2007 Mocks, Gosselin #2
2006 Mocks, Gosselin #1, highest score ever
2003 Mocks, Gosselin #1
(They only listed the #1 guy pre-2007, so I don't know how high he finished in 04 and 05)

But he's hardly a one-year wonder

Last edited:
This is the first of three Rick Gosselin mock drafts. It is based on a draft board compiled through discussions with NFL talent evaluators. This mock draft primarily adopts the best-player-available philosophy. Next weekend's mock draft will more heavily weigh team needs.

The first paragraph explains that this draft isn't solely based on team needs or inside information from the teams, but based on how the scouts he has talked to would have their draft board lined up, regardless of need.

Keeping that in mind, some interesting things to note...

1. Keith Rivers as a top 5 player.
2. Branden Albert at 11, going ahead of Jeff Otah and Chris Williams.
3. Devin Thomas as the top-rated wideout by a wide margin, Limas Sweed not in the first round.
4. Chris Johnson at 20.

One year?

3 year averages, Gosselin #1

2007 Top 100, Gosselin #1
2006 Top 100, Gosselin #1
2005 Top 100, Gosselin #1

2007 Mock, Gosselin #1
2006 Mock, Gosselin #1, highest score ever
2003 Mock, Gosselin #1
(They only listed the #1 guy, so i don't know how high he finished in 04 and 05)

But he's hardly a one-year wonder
Where is that from? I do not recall him being #1 last year. Additionally, traditionally his earlier mocks are not great. His "good" mocks are posted in the early morning hours the day of the draft (much later than most so he has more info, some of which has already been disclosed publicly).

Where is that from? I do not recall him being #1 last year. Additionally, traditionally his earlier mocks are not great. His "good" mocks are posted in the early morning hours the day of the draft (much later than most so he has more info, some of which has already been disclosed publicly).

I edited it, he actually finished #2 last year.

He does 3 of them, starting 3 weeks before the draft.

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/FREE_CONTENT/top100mock.shtml

Gosselin does have a good reputation and track record at these predictions but I would wait for his third mock before I put too much stock in it. He does his homework and seems to have some good insight & possibly good team contacts for this information
Rivers to KC really does surprise me. I still think they will go OL or possibly QB. Rivers seems to be all over these mock drafts (high & low) but #5 is the highest I have seen him predicted to go. Very interesting.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom