Rick Mueller Talks about Vilma and Free Agency on WIST Sports Saturday (1 Viewer)

so prior to vilma accepting our terms neither he nor the jets nor the saints could have said to the media "there's an offer on the table and it's under consideration"? that isn't true... aamof, they could have said "the saints have offered a conditional 4th round pick and it's being considered"

I do not intend for this to be construed as an "I told you so" post but more of an educational post. This is part of a memo the league sent to all teams on January 31:

The memo read, in part: "You are specifically reminded that any contact -- direct or indirect -- by one club with players under contract to another club, about potential future employment, is not permitted. Such contacts could potentially interfere with the employer-employee relationship of the second club. Further, any public or private statement of interest, qualified or unqualified, in another club's player to the player's agent or representative, or to the news media, is a violation of the Anti-Tampering Policy.
"These rules are in effect at all times that a player remains under contract; the anticipated expiration of a player contract at the beginning of the upcoming League year (that is, a player's expectation that he will soon become a free agent) does not excuse impermissible contact prior to such contract expiration.''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/03/02/cleveland/3.html

So as I stated, even if we were in negotiations with the Giants it would be against league rules for him to say on air that they are negotiating for him or have an interest in him.

I'm sorry...Would you tell me exactly how many Lombardi Trophies has this team won that makes them above criticism?:dunno:

Um....since Snyder took over the Redskins and spent every penny possible signing as many BIG names as he possibly can to win Lombardi's.....how many has he won?

Um....since Snyder took over the Redskins and spent every penny possible signing as many BIG names as he possibly can to win Lombardi's.....how many has he won?

Where exactly did I say that they should spend money on a bunch of big name free agents? I just merely pointed out that unless the team is winning the Super Bowl every season (or even one Super Bowl for that matter) then they are subject to being critiqued.

thx, I think a lot of guys are missing the point.

It's not about signing star players to big contract, it's about keeping a good nucleus, draft good players and add a few players here and there through FA. Appart from QB and maybe HB, I dont think a star FA can make any big difference on a team with numerous holes.....

Did Nate Clements made the 49ers a much better team ? Did Joey Porter, Cato June, Will Witherspoon, John Abraham, Julian Peterson made a splash on their respective teams ? Did they help them win some games ? What about E. James and the cards ???

Sincerely appart from Brees last year and J. Lewis this year, I cant name a FA that made such an impact that W/L ratio got affected....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom