Rickey Jackson on Preliminary List of Modern-Era nominees for the HOF Class of 2010 (1 Viewer)

Take a look at this years list of Jerry Rice, Emmit Smith, Chris Carter, Herschel Walker, Andre Reed, Sterlin Sharpe, etc. Rickey Jackson has zero chance to make it in this year, IMHO. Hell, even Paul Tagliabue is on the list.

Take a look at this years list of Jerry Rice, Emmit Smith, Chris Carter, Herschel Walker, Andre Reed, Sterlin Sharpe, etc. Rickey Jackson has zero chance to make it in this year, IMHO. Hell, even Paul Tagliabue is on the list.

what did those guys do to deserve being inducted into the HOF. :):mwink::hihi: j/k

You are correct though, It would be crazy for him to make it this year. Jerry and Emmit are locks for first ballot. I can't wait for emmit's speech. :D

Former Saints Sam Mills, Pat Swilling, George Rogers and Eric Allen are also on the list. So is Reggie Roby (Courtney's cousin).

I consider RJ among the top 3 Saints of all time, but I don't think he stands a chance against Rice, Smith et. al. Sad, because he REALLY deserves to be there.

Fans can vote for Rickey, Mills, Swilling, Hilgenberg, Rogers or anybody else you want at www.jcp.com/fans

You can vote for as many as 7 players once each day.

Of course, none of our favorite sons are doing very well. As of this writing, Saints players rate in fan voting:

Rickey Jackson - 38
Sam Mills - 68
Jay Hilgenberg - 72
Pat Swilling - 75
Eric Allen - 85
George Rogers - 94
"Bum" Phillips - 102

These numbers are mark improvements from when I voted this morning. The fn voting only counts for a portion of the total votes.

Current leaders are:

Jerry Rice
Emmett Smith
Chris Carter
Shannon Sharp
Charles Haley
Richard Dent

If Chris Carter doesn't make it this year someone needs to be kicked in the head... Go watch his highlights on youtube if your too young or can't remember, but the guy was crazy good.

Right after an interview with Ricky Jackson on Sirius a couple months ago, Peter King said that he was going to be pushing hard for him. (King is on the final selection committee).

If he makes the 25 after Thanksgiving, it'll be a surprise and major progress.

rickey just has to compete with too many all-time greats

every year he has the same problem and its unlikely we'll see him in canton anytime soon...but heres to wishful thinking

Vote everyday for Rickey. He is #17, which is an improvement. Sam Mills and Pat Swilling are coming up also. You can vote daily.

I'm going to post to my fantasy football league message board to help get ricky somemore votes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom