Rickey Jackson snubbed again for HOF. (1 Viewer)

I don't see how you can say that. The Saints defense Rickey played on was one of the best in the NFL. It's not as though Rickey didn't have any supporting cast (Sam Mills, Vaughn Johnson, Pat Swilling on the other end?). Most people involved with the NFL, players, journalist, coaches, agree that for a time LT was the most dominant defensive player in the NFL. LT is the only defensive player to win the MVP award in the past like 40 years. No similiar consensous has or ever will exist for Rickey Jackson. You can't just casually dismiss that.

good, LSSPAM, good

Just for fun, I picked my top 5 from the field. You're gonna think Im stupid. Isnt that why we're here? To say, "youre stupid, this is what I think!" hahaha[/quote

Just to question some of your picks Mike...

1. Stabler (despite his last years)

Not just no, but "Hell NO". Stabler had a 1.4:1 INT:TD ratio... yes, you read that right (more INTs than TDs).. He had one super bowl ring, based on the defense and run offense iin Raiderland

2. Hayes (not a fan of the guy, but...)

This one I can agree with, but he's not in my top 6... (and yes, there can be up to 6 finalists)

3. Haley (yuck, a 49er & Cowboy--I've set my feelings aside here!)

All the Super Bowl rings with various teams give him an advantage.. but numbers wise, he was no better/worse than Tippett.

4. Matthews!!!!

Agreed without a doubt... he started _Every_ game of his career.. 19 years, 14 Pro bowls!! Matthews, Munoz, Olsen. That's the three OL'ers who will forever be HOF memories..

5. Kuechenberg--a rock.

Agreed.. the best Guard of all time (IMO).

Dermontti Dawson, R. Dent, R. Gradishar, Randal McDaniel, Andre Reed, Andre Tippet dont get in...

Tippet.. No. (see my above post)
Dent.. I think he's the lead of the list you've got here.
Reed... will get in (probably next year).. thomas this year, Reed next
Gradishar.. ILB vs. OLB debate.
McDaniel ... Ehh... had to think about this and i go with "no". The Vikings were a 2000-yard season rushing team when they had McDaniel and Zimmerman. They were a 1200-1500 season rushing team when Zimmerman was out.

As for my full thoughts/considerations on the 25..

The (Semi-)Final Countdown

Bruce Matthews played at a Pro Bowl level at all 5 O-line positions in his career as well, which I think is significant. The definition of versatile in terms of offensive linemen.

hmm, i'm wondering if we could get an Eric Dickerson or Steve young(lefty) or montana to ring in on this subject...
Dickerson while running over every other team, face the saints 2 times a year for not too many yards...
I recall so many times hand off to dickerson to see Jackson stuff him behind the line.

Stabler isn't even closer to being HoF material but I'm sure Al Davis has a good publicity machine.

As far as some of you wanting to interrogate Pete Finney as to why Jackson doesn't make the cut... please... do you not think Finney is voting for him? The problem is, surprise surprise, Finney has just one vote.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom