Ricky Williams, old as dirt... lol (1 Viewer)

mrbeebe228

Tailgating Enthusiast
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Marijuana must be the key to longevity in the NFL lol... I mean it seems like FOREVER ago DITKA made the biggest draft blunder of all time and gave the farm for this guy, and hes still playing.. thats a LOOONNGG time for a RB, but he has been "retired" for a time inbetween there.. i mean think about it, duece has came and gone since... when ricky came around, barry sanders and herchel walker were stilll in the league bustin heads....i hope we hold him to 20 yards this week.

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
OP
mrbeebe228

mrbeebe228

Tailgating Enthusiast
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Or maybe a few years in the CFL will do it

i wonder if i can dig up his stats from up there, i bet he was a beast, he had to be the best rb in the cfl, not exactly overflowing with talent up there..

St.JP

Reaction score
I was talking with a buddy the other day about this. We let him go cause we had Deuce. Now Deuce has come and gone as most 30yr old running backs go...and Rickey actually looks as good now as he ever did in New Orleans. Still got some gas in the tank...

bkmowad

Sudden Death Superstar
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
its because he took 3 years off.
a rb's longevity for the most part is calculated by # of carries, so basically he's playing like he's 29.

TheDeparted

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I was talking with a buddy the other day about this. We let him go cause we had Deuce. Now Deuce has come and gone as most 30yr old running backs go...and Rickey actually looks as good now as he ever did in New Orleans. Still got some gas in the tank...

...and Deuce would still be here had he not torn two ACLs. I don't think Rickey has had any major injuries - someone please affirm or correct this.

jayd265

Fleur de LEE
Reaction score

i'd still rather have deuce come and gone and now have pt23, bell and bush than ricky.

In the 11 games that he played during 2006 CFL regular season, Williams rushed 109 times for 526 yards, scoring two touchdowns, with a long run of 35 yards. He caught 19 passes for 127 yards.[15]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricky_Williams

HolySmokes

Ahead Of The Pack
Reaction score
It's good to see him have some success. I'm rooting for him...just not Sunday. :)

OP
mrbeebe228

mrbeebe228

Tailgating Enthusiast
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Walker retired in 1997, Sanders retired in 1998, Williams was drafted in 1999...:idunno:

i was speaking more towards the era rather then exact years.. next time i will research exact years before i post.. thanks for keeping me honest..

Cuozzo67

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ricky could never have lived up to the expectations created by Ditka in 1999. He's still had a decent career, but he's always going to be remembered for that draft-day trade and his own bizarre behavior. Thanks, Coach Ditka.

blackadder

...from a chicken, bugwit
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Marijuana must be the key to longevity in the NFL lol... I mean it seems like FOREVER ago DITKA made the biggest draft blunder of all time and gave the farm for this guy, and hes still playing.. thats a LOOONNGG time for a RB, but he has been "retired" for a time inbetween there.. i mean think about it, duece has came and gone since... when ricky came around, barry sanders and herchel walker were stilll in the league bustin heads....i hope we hold him to 20 yards this week.
As you point out, he had a lot of rest in the middle of his career.

Jackson

Very Banned
Reaction score
a rb's longevity for the most part is calculated by # of carries, so basically he's playing like he's 29.

Doesn't really apply though. Ricky has more carries and receptions than Deuce for more yards and TDs.

So by your rationale Ricky should also be retired like Deuce. He's not. He's still running strong.

Ricky > Deuce It's not really even debatable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom