Ricky Williams, old as dirt... lol (1 Viewer)

mrbeebe228

Tailgating Enthusiast
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Marijuana must be the key to longevity in the NFL lol... I mean it seems like FOREVER ago DITKA made the biggest draft blunder of all time and gave the farm for this guy, and hes still playing.. thats a LOOONNGG time for a RB, but he has been "retired" for a time inbetween there.. i mean think about it, duece has came and gone since... when ricky came around, barry sanders and herchel walker were stilll in the league bustin heads....i hope we hold him to 20 yards this week.

I was talking with a buddy the other day about this. We let him go cause we had Deuce. Now Deuce has come and gone as most 30yr old running backs go...and Rickey actually looks as good now as he ever did in New Orleans. Still got some gas in the tank...

its because he took 3 years off.
a rb's longevity for the most part is calculated by # of carries, so basically he's playing like he's 29.

I was talking with a buddy the other day about this. We let him go cause we had Deuce. Now Deuce has come and gone as most 30yr old running backs go...and Rickey actually looks as good now as he ever did in New Orleans. Still got some gas in the tank...

...and Deuce would still be here had he not torn two ACLs. I don't think Rickey has had any major injuries - someone please affirm or correct this.

i'd still rather have deuce come and gone and now have pt23, bell and bush than ricky.

In the 11 games that he played during 2006 CFL regular season, Williams rushed 109 times for 526 yards, scoring two touchdowns, with a long run of 35 yards. He caught 19 passes for 127 yards.[15]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricky_Williams

Ricky could never have lived up to the expectations created by Ditka in 1999. He's still had a decent career, but he's always going to be remembered for that draft-day trade and his own bizarre behavior. Thanks, Coach Ditka.

Marijuana must be the key to longevity in the NFL lol... I mean it seems like FOREVER ago DITKA made the biggest draft blunder of all time and gave the farm for this guy, and hes still playing.. thats a LOOONNGG time for a RB, but he has been "retired" for a time inbetween there.. i mean think about it, duece has came and gone since... when ricky came around, barry sanders and herchel walker were stilll in the league bustin heads....i hope we hold him to 20 yards this week.
As you point out, he had a lot of rest in the middle of his career.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom