Rico Gathers: 'I worked my tail off,' I'm not worried about roster cuts (1 Viewer)

lurking around

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
ARLINGTON -- Rico Gathers made his first play of the preseason. The former Baylor basketball player hauled in a short pass across the middle from Jameill Showers midway through the fourth quarter.

Gathers caught the ball near the line of scrimmage, was drilled in the leg and nearly knocked to the ground. But the sixth-round pick spun and somehow kept his balance, sprinting up field for an eight-yard gain. The play drew a noticeable amount of cheers from a sparsely-filled AT&T Stadium crowd.
"I wasn't paying attention to the crowd, I was just trying to stay balanced, stay up for one and push for some more yardage," he said. "I think it was a crazy catch, I don't know how I pulled that one off but I guess reaction and timing is everything."Gathers had only played nine snaps through the first three preseason games. He didn't play at all during the first three quarters Thursday night. Gathers won't make the 53-man roster, but he could be an addition to the team's 10-man practice squad.
Dallas Cowboys: Rico Gathers: 'I worked my tail off,' I'm not worried about roster cuts | SportsDay

Seems to be a situation Baylor made for the practice squad...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom