Ridiculous NFL is doing this to Broncos [THREAD CLOSED] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just gives Taysom hill some good practice time to get ready for Atlanta in there house.

Agree 100%. This bs about not wearing masks in a meeting is crazy. The research shows that the virus spreads most with heavy breathing during exercise. That's what these guys do in practice and games. You can suggest that they should stay 6 feet apart but that is not possible during practice.

We had a offense lineman test positive. Why are our other offensive lineman not high risk and not eligible. They cleary didn't wear masks during practice and they are next to each other when they line up for every play at practice. This is insane.

And to not let them use a coach because they don't want to set a precedent with teams hiding players on the coaching staff? Come on. This is unprecedented times. You should make an exception for this year. You can cleary tell they were not hiding a player as a coach. Are we hiding Sean Payton on the staff so we can put him in a uniform in an emergency?

Itā€™s not that at all. The Ravens continue to have players test positive. You canā€™t risk exposing the other team when you havenā€™t isolated the possible positives. That is why they had to postpone. The Broncos only had one positive and only a few high risk exposures. If the Broncos had continued positives, they would postpone.

That is exactly my point, though.

The Broncos would be better off if they would have had an outbreak than a small cluster.

I don't believe the Ravens are getting preferential treatment but they are benefiting from the fact that their spread was less contained.

I was SURE that we would wake up today to find out that there was another Bronco who magically tested positive, so that they could have received the Baltimore treatment.

The Broncos are in essence being penalized on the field because they contained their outbreak to one room, which just happened to be the 3rd most important room in the building. (Try playing a game without the OL or DL).

On the other hand, I am betting that Baltimore's post-outbreak fines and forfeiture of draft capital will be more severe. Also, the Ravens will be even more shorthanded than Denver against the AFC 1-seed.

If the Broncos had followed clearly stated rules and protocols that the NFL went over in both live meetings and subsequent written procedures, which also specifically lay out how to handle position groups - they would have a QB today. Theres no time to postpone. The Saints are starting a 3 week road trip. Pushing the game back keeps the Saints in Denver, gives them less days to prepare for the Falcons and just makes the 3 week road trip tougher.

So should the Saints have to pay the price for the Broncos not following the rules? The Saints were just fined a half million and lost a draft pick. This is how things work. Im not going to feel sorry for the Broncos. They brought this on themselves.

I get it, its 2020. Everyone is granted an excuse for everything and no one should be held responsible for not following rules. But when your excuse, or lack of responsibility, affects someone else, you still have to pay the piper. If this game were postponed, the only team that would get hurt is the Saints.

The Saints flew to Denver expecting to play the Broncos, with a QB. This has nothing to do with the Saints and everything to do with the Broncos not following protocols. 1 team has to pay for it, and it aint the Saints.

Last edited:
Iā€™m glad you said this. You are 100% correct. I am not going to enjoy the outcome of this game either way. This is completely unfair to the Broncos and this game needs to be postponed.

If this were happening to the Saints, then everyone would be screaming about how Lord Roger has it out for the Saints. We would all be screaming how the NFL is against us. Maybe there are circumstances behind the whole thing that I do not understand but this just seems asinine to me.
Not true.

The ravens game was delayed because of the protocol about having enough players to suit up. The broncos have the required (43?) number of healthy players. It's nobody's fault but their own that the affected players all come from the same position group.

I understand that if the same thing happened to the Saints, I'd be as upset as many broncos fans. But you can be sure that if it was the Saints, the league would have no problem making US play the game.

the broncos -and in particular the QBs - at least share this burden

Pretty much. If they didn't follow the rules, that's on them. This isn't the first time the NFL has warned about the consequences of no mask wearing. I don't feel bad at all about the Broncos. They made their bed, now they gotta sleep in it.

I don't have sympathy for the Broncos. They broke the NFL's rules as well as common sense of making sure you don't expose all your QBs together.

Nonetheless, I feel bad for them and especially their fans.

I hope we see quickly that they, and especially their offense, is absolutely and literally no threat, and we give our defensive starters a rest.

21-0 would be better than 50-0. IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom