Rigged (1 Viewer)

The clock runoff is by rule. That was correct.
Can you explain? I dont get it... I was watching this game in hopes that it would reignite my fandom again after the Rams game... all it has done is make me happy IDGAF about football anymore. We get a first down, they missed the call, we get a 10 sec run off...

The clock runoff is by rule. That was correct.

Yes. Many may remember it actually costing the Lions about 4-5 years ago on the final play of the game.

My only gripe with rule is it should be applied from the end of the previous play for consistency with all situations and teams. The example being the Saints ran the called off play at 28. So clearly 16 seconds is dumb. The NFL could make that much cleaner for their own sake.

What's the rule?

When a booth review results in a reversal and the player was down by contact in the field of play, it’s a 10 second run off.

Or the offense can elect to use a timeout. We chose the runoff.

If a replay review after the two-minute warning of either half results in the on-field ruling being reversed and the correct ruling would not have stopped the game clock, then the officials will run 10 seconds off the game clock before permitting the ball to be put in play on the ready-for-play signal. The defense cannot decline the runoff, but either team can use a remaining timeout to prevent it.

I don’t know they if they got the actual clock right. Only that the runoff rule was correct

We get flagged way to much on d,the other teams maybe twice a year. The clock thing by rule it sucks. Another half to play, need to start winning in the trenches and we can get back in this thing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom