Right now, I believe the most overrated prospect on this board... (1 Viewer)

If Phillips isn't near the player Reed was....Phillips shouldn't even be a first round pick...since Reed was selected in the mid-20's

That's falty logic. Each draft is different. Also, teams are responsible for drafting, which means that players do not get picked where each of their talents suggest they should. I thought Ed Reed was a better safety than Roy Williams. It did not stop the Cowbys from taking Williams in the top 10 while Reed fell to #23 or so. Also, consider that each team has certain needs they look to address.

Sold... if he's there at 10 I don't care who else is on the board... we need an Ed Reed-esque safety back there to erase some mistakes...

Yeah, uh, we bought that farm a few years ago.. Like DWD said, that was Josh Bullock's scouting report..

the most overrated prospect on this board and in the draft is Laurinaitis. I have watched numerous LBs the past two years who are better yet don't get the hype or the press as JL does.

I have said it once and I will say it again. He isn't even the best LB on his team but that's just my opinion.

After watching numerous games of Connor and Lee from Penn State, Henderson from Maryland, Grant from Ohio State, Mauluaga from USC, etc... these are LBs who play the game in the back field and are well rounded. JL has the physical skills but just because he makes 18 tackles 5+ yards down the field doesn't make him a top ten pick.

no one knows until draft day when the teams start drafting but JL is far more overrated than Phillips and I guess we will all see when draft time rolls around and when the 08 season starts.

I think it would be a reach to pick him at #10, I think guys on this board just want Bullocks replaced so bad that they would reach for a guy, ignoring obvious needs at LINEBACKER AND DEFENSIVE TACKLE!!!

I think it would be a reach to pick him at #10, I think guys on this board just want Bullocks replaced so bad that they would reach for a guy, ignoring obvious needs at LINEBACKER AND DEFENSIVE TACKLE!!!

if we don't get him at 10 he'll be took at 13th by carolina (i think they have the 13th pick)

Yeah, uh, we bought that farm a few years ago.. Like DWD said, that was Josh Bullock's scouting report..

so what if it is. So what if we thought Bullocks was going to be a beast. So were never supposed to draft a safety again because of Josh Bullocks? I say draft him. We need someone back there that can be an enforcer. Pretty much every decent D in the league has a guy back there keeping things on lock. Just look how much of a differance Adrian Wilson made to that D. When he went down the defense went to ish.

DRAFT KENNY PHILLIPS

They are all overrated at the #10 slot to me. If Ellis is there I would take him but other than that I would trade down and get more picks. They just all seem like a reach to me at 10.

I totally agree with you on this one...

How many spots would we have to drop back to get someone's second rounder too? 6? 8?

If so...we can drop back to mid first round, pick up a very good first rounder who isn't a reach (since I also think, other than Ellis, most of these guys are reaches) and have an extra second rounder to boot

I totally agree with you on this one...

How many spots would we have to drop back to get someone's second rounder too? 6? 8?

If so...we can drop back to mid first round, pick up a very good first rounder who isn't a reach (since I also think, other than Ellis, most of these guys are reaches) and have an extra second rounder to boot

If all these guys are reaches, then what team do you expect to trade up with us to take them?

Is every trade based on pure logic?

No...so while I may not rate Laurinaitis as worth #10 (contentious, but just putting it there as an example), someone else might...

Same goes for other teams trading up to get a position of need...such as we wouldn't be interested in Woodson, but someone 5-6 spots back might be, and it's likely Woodson would still be there at #10 (I don't see two QB's going in the first 9, and Ryan is probably ahead of Woodson)

You want to know why Kenny Phillips declared for this year's draft? Because if he waited until the 2009 draft, he'd be like the 4th rated Safety instead of the 1st.

If we want a good young FS, let's wait and draft one next year! The dude from USC or Myron Rolle from FSU are both better than Phillips.

link...

http://walterfootball.com/draft2009S.php

No promises these guys will be available when we pick... why not get our young star safety now?

Also... we compare him to Taylor (RIP) and Ed Reed, but hell if he could give us Laron Landry, or even Darren Sharper-type reliability... then take him dammit! :mad:

There is not anyone else like Ed Reed. There's Ed Reed and then there is the next level of Safety in the NFL. Stop comparing people to Ed Reed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom