Righteous Gemstones...... (1 Viewer)

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Tossing this out there for my friends as it’s super easy to miss, and by no means should it be missed.

Righteous Gemstones.....HBO Max.

Disclaimer: If you like Danny McBrides very specific type of humor ( East Bound and Down, Vice Principals) then watch this immediately. If you don’t, and there are many that don’t, then DO NOT watch.

I’m a fan of the style. And this one is the best yet.
One season, more to come.
Premise: The Gemstones are filthy rich, all from founding/preaching at one of these mega-churches. Not particularly religious and not good people, they bulldoze everything to make $$ ( in the name of the Lord of course).

The patriarch is John Goodman, his arse kidding sons are Danny McBride and Adam Devine.
They are just so good in that role.
The cousin/uncle is Baby Billy, played BRILLIANTLY by Walter Goggins.

The show is sweet at times, great story that cliff hangs often, and mixed with McBride’s undeniably unique style.

I don’t recommend often, but this ones easy to miss and it’s just excellent.

I thought you were about to tell me I missed S2 started tonight. Now I’m sad.

So we’re talkin’ ‘bout Baptized Gemstones?

I just stumbled on it. McBride created the entire thing.

Saw him in interviews after, its amazing how genuine, kind, and thoughtful he is. I guess it just surprised me because he's so different from his character. Like 180 degrees different.

Walton Goggins is a fantastic actor. That show overall is great, can't wait till the next season.

Just started watching this the other day, the critics are rights, McBride and Goggins are incredible in this show. I’m still only in season 1, but I hope this show can last as long as Eastbound and Down.

I love anything McBride does, but if I had to rank them I would put Gemstones below Eastbound and Vice Principals. Still good though.

I for some reason thought this was about the Adam Sandler movie Uncut Gems. Seems I need to drink more coffee. If you haven't seen Uncut Gems, it is also a recommend from me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom