RiP Albert Finney (1 Viewer)

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
one of the titans
i liked this piece
A powerhouse of an actor'
A life-long fan of Manchester United, he declined a CBE in 1980 and a knighthood in 2000.

"I think the Sir thing slightly perpetuates one of our diseases in England, which is snobbery," he said at the time.

He was also reluctant to discuss his craft. "My job is acting, and that is why I hate interviews or lectures, explaining myself to an audience," he once said.

he was mostly a 'powerful' actor, but my favorite role of his was in a movie called A Man of No Importance:
Alfie Byrne is a middle-aged bus conductor in Dublin in 1963. He would appear to live a life of quiet desperation: he's gay, but firmly closeted, and his sister is always trying to find him "the right girl". His passion is Oscar Wilde, his hobby is putting on amateur theatre productions in the local church hall. We follow him as he struggles with temptation, friendship, disapproval, and the conservative yet oddly lyrical world of Ireland in the early 1960s.

it's hard to find, but well worth it

I first saw him in Big Fish, but as I grew in cinematic awareness, I realized that I had enjoyed his work much earlier when I was younger and my mom sat me and my siblings through Annie.

What a hell of a career.

And Tom Jones was just on TMC morning as part of its 30 days of Oscar programming!

Always one of my favorite actors. Very versatile.

When I was a kid I thought the Annie flick was awesome.

Also dude was awesome in Erin Brokovich

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom