RIP Bill Withers (1 Viewer)

Man this year just keeps getting worse.

Love Bill Withers, amazing how many completely timeless songs he recorded in such a short career. Truly one of the greats.

Love Bill Withers, amazing how many completely timeless songs he recorded in such a short career. Truly one of the greats.

timeless is the perfect word for him. There is nothing in his music that dooms it to a particular generations. There is a lot of music that you love but it has its time and place. This music has its mood but fits into whatever time or space it wants.

beautiful voice, beautiful songs.

Ain't No Sunshine is one of my all time favorites.

RIP brother

Lovely Day is one of those that i hear and just get lost in the song and lyrics

my wife, 9 years my junior still doesnt get it when i break out the "just one look at you...." ( yes i do the horn sounds too ) lol

RIP my man.

Life is funny.. over the last couple of weeks, I’ve been getting back into playing my guitar (badly).. every day i make a list of 2 or 3 songs for the next day, to try and play, that I’ve never attempted before.. yesterday my list (for today) consisted of two songs- one of them was Ain’t No Sunshine.. this morning i woke to the news that he’d passed.. guess thats some sort of sign that i really need to learn that song. .. or more likely, it’s just a coinky-dink. :)

Also, i didnt realize until a few months ago when i happened to be reading somehting about Bill Withers, that he was even still alive (until today, of course).. i guess i always lumped him into that category with the likes of Ben E King, or Otis Redding, who have been dead for a long time.

I could have cried when I heard the news. He may have only made music for 8 years but he's made several lasting contributions to the world of music. That's pretty damn impressive. Rest in peace.

Everyone knows his most popular songs. Hell, he's made some good ones. And one while I hope all of those eventually get posted in this thread, I will put forth this one...

This song helped me get through a pretty rough break up. I thought I would be proposing marriage in the coming months, we ended up breaking up instead. It helped me get to a point where I could let go.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom