RIP David Prowse (Vader) (1 Viewer)

was watching a clip from Star Wars A New Hope with his voice instead of James Earl Jones. His voice just sounded so off with that character...

Read a little bit on him---kind of sad that he and George Lucas were on such bad terms. He was never told his voice was being dubbed over & he really thought it would be his face being shown when Luke removed the mask. Then apparently he revealed Vader was Luke's father during an interview prior to Empire being released & participated in a documentary bashing George Lucas in 2009. I think Lucas had him banned from any Star Wars conventions after that

Read a little bit on him---kind of sad that he and George Lucas were on such bad terms. He was never told his voice was being dubbed over & he really thought it would be his face being shown when Luke removed the mask. Then apparently he revealed Vader was Luke's father during an interview prior to Empire being released & participated in a documentary bashing George Lucas in 2009. I think Lucas had him banned from any Star Wars conventions after that
From what I’ve read, no one in the cast had a script that included the “I am your father” line — the script read “Obi-wan killed your father,” and Lucas and Kershner told Hamill right before shooting the scene what the line really was to get the proper reaction.

From what I’ve read, no one in the cast had a script that included the “I am your father” line — the script read “Obi-wan killed your father,” and Lucas and Kershner told Hamill right before shooting the scene what the line really was to get the proper reaction.
This is correct - Prowse said "obi wan killed your father" when it was recorded but JEJ's voice saying "I am your father" was over-dubbed.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Jeremy Bulloch, the English actor who first donned a helmet, cape and jetpack to play Boba Fett in the original “Star Wars” trilogy, died Thursday.

Bulloch died at a London hospital from health complications after years of living with Parkinson’s disease, his agents at Brown, Simcocks & Andrews said in a statement. He was 75.

As the Mandalorian bounty hunter Boba Fett, Bulloch made off with a froze-in-carbonite Han Solo in 1980′s “The Empire Strikes Back,” then zoomed around the desert of Tatooine in a jet pack in 1983′s “Return of the Jedi.”

“Today we lost the best bounty hunter in the galaxy,” Billy Dee Williams, whose Lando Calrissian appeared in key scenes with Bulloch in the films, said on Twitter.......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom