RIP Eddie Money (1 Viewer)

I’ve long thought that Eddie Money was underrated.. he didnt have the prolific output of some of the bigger names, and he wasn’t very deep- but the half-dozen or so hits he had were perfect for the era in which he was popular.. he’s kinda in that same vein as Huey Lewis or Bryan Adams, a pretty cool musical niche that was the background music for a lot of us growing up.

Was a fan of his back in the day. Loved the "Life for the Taking album". For that matter, my favorite Eddie Money song was the title track "Life for the Taking", mostly for the guitar parts... particularly the solo and ending. The same with the tune that followed on the album "Call on me". Not very complicated, but melodic and definitely my cup of tea when relaxing way back then.

He came to Northwestern State in Natchitoches when I was there in the late 80s. Only about 500 people showed up for the show, but what a show it was. He sang, played the guitar and the saxophone and when the show was over, he walked out into the crowd signed autographs and took photos. He stayed and talked with folks as long as they wanted to talk. I will never forget that show.

Last edited:
Was a fan of his back in the day. Loved the "Life for the Taking album". For that matter, my favorite Eddie Money song was the title track "Life for the Taking", mostly for the guitar parts... particularly the solo and ending. The same with the tune that followed on the album "Call on me". Not very complicated, but melodic and definitely my cup of tea when relaxing way back then.

Well, if he really was able to book two tickets to paradise, hopefully somebody very nice, sweet, and pleasant was able to take him home tonight in good company while he was shaking with excitement at being the newest member of the Great Gig in the Sky.

You, among all SR posters, know full well about my long-established Pink Floyd fix. I have long had it, feel proud being a fan of it, and subsequently will never deny it or run from it in conservations like these with other people or on SR with fellow posters.

But seriously, I wasn't trying to threadjack, I just felt Great Gig in the Sky was an appropriate ending to my siloquoy sort of tribute to Eddie Money in previous post.

Eddie Money was the subject of one of my favorite group texts of all time with some friends of mine from Mandeville.

73594F8F-4614-4F57-928E-8ECBE29FE7BB.jpeg

E75A0F10-AA8C-4D05-946B-E8AF7946972A.jpeg
that was a whole lot of ga......errrr not lgbt, nttawwt, but instead a lot of not cool.

Liked the guy, he had a reputation for being very cool and approachable....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom