RIP Eddie Van Halen (2 Viewers)

As a kid, watching him in the Panama video was a major reason I picked up guitar. Just the loss of an absolute musical titan. This year can hurry up and end already.

As a kid, watching him in the Panama video was a major reason I picked up guitar. Just the loss of an absolute musical titan. This year can hurry up and end already.

My cousin and I started playing guitar the same year, we were 13. I hadn't really gotten into Van Halen that much (would more so in a few years), I was more into classic rock and blues at that time. But my cousin was all EVH all the time. He worshipped the dude.

There are very few artists that I hold a true and deep admiration for their contribution.... EVH was absolutely one of those. I'm a HUGE fan...

In some sense, a part of my youth just faded away....

RIP

Last edited:
Only saw Van Halen live once, the OU812 tour at UNO, great show.
Van Halen was my very first concert ever at the Baltimore Civic Center a LONG time ago (Rush was my second). I can't remember which album the tour was for but WAY before OU812.

There are very few artists that I hold a true and deep admiration for their contribution.... EVH was absolutely one of those.

In some sense, a part of my youth just faded away....

RIP
WAY too young but, man, he must have been suffering.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom