RIP Fred Willard (1 Viewer)

Reading today......amazing how many A list actors say the Christopher Guest movies are the funniest thing they’ve ever seen.

Kate Winslett said the only movie she knows EVERY LINE to is Guffman. 🤣🤣

I completely agree, but nice to see the respect amongst Fred’s peers. And how impossibly funny do you have to be to be the funniest guy in the Guest movies.

Just insane.

I was lucky that in college my friends introduced these classics to me as our drinking/pregame movies.....and you always Gabe those movies in college where you are your friends laugh and laugh, learn every nuance, and pull them out during the day to crack each other up.

For us it was Dumb and Dumber, Fletch and Spinal-Guffman-Best in Show.

Great memories.

not reading the thread, i thought he was in his 50s. i would never have expected him to pass away.

I was shopping for my wife Bonnie. I buy most of her clothes and Mrs Pearl was in the same shop! And it just was an accident you know, we started talking... about panty hose, she was saying... whatever that's not the point of the story but what the point is is that through this accidental meeting... it's like a Hitchcock movie you know where you're thrown into a rubber bag and put in the trunk of a car, you find people. You find them. Something, is is it karma? Maybe. But we found him, that's the important thing. And I got Bonnie a wonderful pantsuit.

Guffman is just fantastic. I don't think the ones they made after were as good.

I love Parker Posey's part. Eugene Levy is ridiculous. Catherine O'Hara is as good or better than any of them. It's just lightning in a bottle on that one.

I thought Best in Show and A Mighty Wind were almost Guffman level. For Your Consideration, however, was very disappointing .

I was shopping for my wife Bonnie. I buy most of her clothes and Mrs Pearl was in the same shop! And it just was an accident you know, we started talking... about panty hose, she was saying... whatever that's not the point of the story but what the point is is that through this accidental meeting... it's like a Hitchcock movie you know where you're thrown into a rubber bag and put in the trunk of a car, you find people. You find them. Something, is is it karma? Maybe. But we found him, that's the important thing. And I got Bonnie a wonderful pantsuit.

Just awesome.
The brilliant Corky St. Claire......as gay as a man can be but the sweet innocent noobs in Blaine Missouri have NO IDEA.
And they are fully convinced he’s the most wonderful actor/director/writer to ever walk the planet, meanwhile his stuff is 4th grade level at best.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just awesome.
The brilliant Corky St. Claire......as gay as a man can be but the sweet innocent noobs in Blaine Missouri have NO IDEA.
And they are fully convinced he’s the most wonderful actor/director/writer to ever walk the planet, meanwhile his stuff is 4th grade level at best.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I need . . . one hundred thousand dollars.

Bears mentioning that Fred Willard was a Second City (SCTV) alum.

3 out of the 4 people in that first Guffman skit were SCTV alums (Cathorine Ohara, Eugene Levy and Willard)...

I actually loved him (and Levy) in the American Pie movies, perfectly casted for those roles as bumbling, overbearing but caring parents....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom