RIP Fred Willard (1 Viewer)

I admit, last night I watched Waiting for Guffman, and tonight I will be watching Best in Show. I wasn’t able to enjoy A Mighty Wind when I last watched it (over a decade ago), but maybe things have changed.

It’s a little more “acquired taste“ than the other two.....but I absolutely love it now.

Doesn't hurt that the soundtrack is fantastic, and the troupe of ACTORS fully created the songs.....wrote, played instruments, vocals, etc.

Those guys are just so talented.

Same three that pulled off heavy metal brilliantly with Spinal Tap (Guest, McKean, Shearer)

I thought Best in Show and A Mighty Wind were almost Guffman level. For Your Consideration, however, was very disappointing .
I loved Catherine in For Your Consideration; but overall, I tend to forget that movie. I was going to differ with guido on Willard's journeyman actor status as being a little bit more than "hey, it's THAT guy" because I've always known his name: BUT I'll agree from the standpoint of I just can't point my finger to which of his roles stands out the most.

I loved Catherine in For Your Consideration; but overall, I tend to forget that movie. I was going to differ with guido on Willard's journeyman actor status as being a little bit more than "hey, it's THAT guy" because I've always known his name: BUT I'll agree from the standpoint of I just can't point my finger to which of his roles stands out the most.

I would agree with both of you...knew him for a long time, but he’s ALWAYS been a supporting role.Never really come close to a lead role since Fernwood....and that was 40 years ago.

Here’s some more brilliance as he nails the “local regular guy acts In community theater”......

This scene is brilliant on so many levels.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom