RIP Jerry Jeff Walker (1 Viewer)

That's a big one. Man was a legend.

I can’t tell you how phenomenal JJW was.....

Mostly known for Mr. Bojangles, famously written in the drunk tank in New Orleans......his Texas country style spurned so many absolute legendary classics.
Never cared much for his stuff being radio/top 40.....he just cared about the music being genuine and his adoring fans.
Saw him many times live......and all of the packed house were diehards that knew every word and note to every song. His concerts were loud, singalong style, dancing out of seats.....you’d leave in a complete sweat and just knowing you’ve been a part of something special.

He was an incredible musician who was absolutely loved by Willie, Waylon, Jimmy Buffett....and so many others.

He did it his way for 50 years.

His legendary “Jerry Jeff birthday bash“ each year in Luckenbach Texas was the epitome of party music.

He’s got his own style that might be closest described as Jimmy Buffett in Texas.

I’m almost ashamed to admit, but his song “Gettin’ By” is my life in a nutshell. The song is light and fun, but so powerful to me. I had never had a song simply devine my existence as this one.

I knew this day was coming, known for a while. And while it’s sad....it’s the great thing about musicians.....even though they do pass, they live forever in our radios (now our phones).

Here’s to you Buckaroo!!!!!

Gettin By with Jacky Jack Double Trouble (one of his. many nicknames )

The Gypsy Songman......singing......Gypsy Songman (with Jimmy Buffett)

If you haven’t heard JJW, this is a great feel for his style and sound (and this was one of many of his written in and about New Orleans)

Super chuck!!!
Thanks so much for sharing, I hadn’t seen that.
Cosmic Bob was a legend with his bass.....and I get it. I’ve been to several JJW concerts (and the Lost Gonzo Band) and they are just so surreal and as good a time as one can have.

And I’ve seen just about everyone live, from Michael, to Van Halen....U2, Springsteen, Johnny Cash, Pink Floyd, Grateful Dead, Prince....you name it.

And my absolute favorite concerts.....Jerry Jeff, without a doubt.

Not saying he’s the most talented, or the best....but pure fun and just takes you to a special zone......JJW all day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom