RIP Neil Peart (1 Viewer)

"Another genius has left the planet. Not enough can be said about the talent and influence of Neil Peart. As a musician he was unparalleled, blasting open huge doors into the realms of new percussive stratospheres. As a lyricist he was like the Ray Bradbury of rock, penning rhymes that evoke imagery both cerebral and tactile. As a friend he was a pensive, sharp-witted intellect whom I looked up to and admired greatly. I was very fortunate to have played with him, laughed with him and rode with him at excessive speeds in one of his many exotic vehicles. I'm still trying to fathom how greatly he will be missed."

- Les Claypool

Photo taken May 4, 1992, post-show in Rotterdam, NL.
The last date of the European leg of the Roll The Bones tour. I'd given Neal my fly fishing bandana after one of our backstage jams.

82820024_2957936364241300_7936858550918184960_o.jpg

I saw this vid years ago. It’s a 1989 live performance of YYZ in which Neil does a 3.5 min drum solo. The whole thing is great but if you want to see only the solo skip to about the 3:20 mark.

When I was younger I liked to sing the chorus - now I much prefer to just do the “subdivisions” part.

Nice live clip here from 1990:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom