RIP Neil Peart (1 Viewer)

Damn, I'm sorry to hear this. Rush 2112 and Hemispheres blasting through the Jensen Tri-axials of the '71 Camaro or Altec 7 Series 2 in the dorm fueled many a literal and figurative trip in my high school and early college years. We saw the band 3 times in concert and they did not disappoint. It was only later I truly appreciated how gifted Neil Peart was as a drummer and lyricist.

Be well on your journey, and keep the beat going.

There is unrest in the forest
There is trouble with the trees
For the maples want more sunlight
And the oaks ignore their pleas
The trouble with the maples
And they're quite convinced they're right
They say the oaks are just too lofty
And they grab up all the light
But the oaks can't help their feelings
If they like the way they're made
And they wonder why the maples
Can't be happy in their shade?
There is trouble in the forest
And the creatures all have fled
As the maples scream 'oppression!'
And the oaks, just shake their heads
So the maples formed a union
And demanded equal rights
'The oaks are just too greedy
We will make them give us light'
Now there's no more oak oppression
For they passed a noble law
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet,
Axe,
And saw

RIP Neil... you were quite an inspiration and this song taught me how to approach libertarian politics with my daughter. sad news indeed.

Woooowww
That sucks
I knew he had been sick but this is still hard to read
Can’t imagine what HS would have been like for me without Rush

Same here, I learned to play guitar from Rush songs....

It's one of all of our favs bro...

QFT.....Glittering prizes and endless compromises, shatters the illusion of integrity....yeeeeaaahhhh

One of the best lyrics ever written IMO.....

Oldie, but still a goodie! As always, Alex steals the scene. Watching this again now brings a smile to my face, as well as a tear to my eye.

(Warning - Some language...)

Oldie, but still a goodie! As always, Alex steals the scene. Watching this again now brings a smile to my face, as well as a tear to my eye.

So funny that Neil is the one with the rich speaking voice and Geddy’s is so non-descript

Thanks for posting this, I remember seeing it a while ago on VH1 or AXES or something....I think its obvious these guys were like brothers....makes me so sad that Neil died way before what should have been his time....

RIP brother, Rush shaped my musical taste from a young age. There has been no replacement.
Sad I did not make it to the final tour, although I was in New Orleans for the Time machine Tour, my wife's first Rush Concert.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom