RiP Sam Shepard (1 Viewer)

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
not sure how 'popular he is, but he was a phenomenal talent as an actor and even more impressive as a playwright - probably top 5 playwright of the last half of 20th century

i loved him in Thunderheart - a very underrated movie i fear

He also acted his own (character's) death in Bloodline - i always wonder what it's like for older actors to perform death scenes

US actor and playwright Sam Shepard has died at the age of 73.
Shepard wrote more than 40 plays and won the Pulitzer Prize for drama for Buried Child in 1979.
He went on to be nominated for the best supporting actor Oscar for 1983's The Right Stuff and starred in films like Black Hawk Down as well as co-writing 1984's Paris, Texas.
He died at home in Kentucky on Thursday, his family told the Associated Press news agency.

Sam Shepard: US actor and playwright dies aged 73 - BBC News

And he was the paragon of cool as Chuck Yeager in The Right Stuff. R.I.P.

d8b4924d2dc61a1c7300765a7c251779--the-right-stuff-a-crush.jpg
rs13x.jpg

He's "going upstairs like a bat out of hell"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yr02n1b8sUE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back in the mid 80's I was flipping around what little channels we had back then looking for something to watch. I found a play that was on PBS. I had heard of Sam Shepard back then but knew almost nothing about him or his plays so I decided to give it a chance. It was "True West" starring a couple of guys I had never heard of, John Malkovich and Gary Sinise. It was one of the most smartly funny and well acted shows I had ever seen at the time and all involved have stuck with me all these years. RIP Sam Shepard.

Back in the mid 80's I was flipping around what little channels we had back then looking for something to watch. I found a play that was on PBS. I had heard of Sam Shepard back then but knew almost nothing about him or his plays so I decided to give it a chance. It was "True West" starring a couple of guys I had never heard of, John Malkovich and Gary Sinise. It was one of the most smartly funny and well acted shows I had ever seen at the time and all involved have stuck with me all these years. RIP Sam Shepard.

i saw that one - incredible
I was close to getting to see Phillip Seymour Hoffman and John C Reilly reprise it on Broadway but i had to leave a few days earlier than i had originally thought - would have loved to see that

I did several scenes from True West in an acting class in college. Wish we had been staging the whole thing.

Paris, Texas is a wonderful character film. Harry Dean Stanton is amazing in it.

RIP to Shepard, an immensely gifted writer and actor.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom