RIP Saturday Mail (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Announcement coming this morning per CNBC.

Denzien

May contain 10% Ethanol
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
They'll still deliver express mail and packages though.

Oh, and probably junk mail and flyers and stupid things.

Brennan77

Bass Manager
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
5 days is too much. 90% of the mail I get is junk. It is a complete and utter waste of resources. There is not one bill that I pay with a check or that I do not receive through email or online sources. The 10% of mail that I get that isn't junk is redundant because I already got the information from the previously mentioned sources. If I purchase a physical item, I can get it delivered via UPS and Fedex.

OP
superchuck500

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I heard that catalogs get some really cut rate and that's part of the problem for the USPS bottom line.

Really? I hate those damn catalogs. In the Internet age do we really need to give such accommodation to catalogs?

Cosmic201

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I heard that catalogs get some really cut rate and that's part of the problem for the USPS bottom line.

Really? I hate those damn catalogs. In the Internet age do we really need to give such accommodation to catalogs?

Bulk mail does pay a cheaper rate than other first class mail, but that's because they're really easy to handle. The addresses are clear, they go out to almost every house. There's very little need for sorting.

The post office makes billions in profits off bulk mail.

ClayT101

Tee Retriever
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Bulk mail does pay a cheaper rate than other first class mail, but that's because they're really easy to handle. The addresses are clear, they go out to almost every house. There's very little need for sorting.

The post office makes billions in profits off bulk mail.
Yep.

I ship a lot of stuff through USPS. It is cheap, but not as reliable as fedex or UPS, but it is a bargain.

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

That's my whole issue in a nutshell. We give discounts to the crap nobody wants and then can't change the rates because Congress is so screwed up.

Why give the discounts anyway? If they're not covering the cost to deliver then raise the freaking rates. If the ad money is worth it, they'll pay more. If not, then they'll quit bringing me things to fill the recycle can.

jasonj

All-Pro
Reaction score
The last valid thing I remember getting in the mail was a wedding invitation sometime in December. And really, the invitation was redundant since they told me the date of the wedding when they asked me for my address so they could mail the invitation. :idunno:

Saint77

Burrrrrrrsitis!
Reaction score
I was always kinda partial to the USPS, its always been a fixture from my childhood...until they started constantly loosing my mail and costing me a lot of money in late fees. And, they are accountable for nothing.

Now, they can disappear and go under for all I care. Eff'em.

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I was always kinda partial to the USPS, its always been a fixture from my childhood...until they started constantly loosing my mail and costing me a lot of money in late fees. And, they are accountable for nothing.

Now, they can disappear and go under for all I care. Eff'em.
I hear this "lost in the mail" bit every now and then, but somehow it's never happened to me. Seems every time I hear it, it's someone who mailed me a check or someone else who was being told a check mailed to them was lost.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom