CT Saints Fan

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Texas - via Metairie, Houston, Virginia, & Con
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5574694.html

William F. Buckley, Jr., author and TV host, dead at 82
Associated Press
<!-- rbox goes here --> <!-- rbox ends here -->

NEW YORK — Author and conservative commentator William F. Buckley Jr. has died at age 82.

His assistant Linda Bridges says Buckley died Wednesday morning at his home in Stamford, Conn.

Buckley became famous for his intellectual political writings in his magazine, the National Review.

His beloved wife passed away recently, and that had to be a factor. He had a full and great life. The mantle of conservative eloquence passes now to Hannity, Savage, Levin, and now "Hussein" Cunningham. Bring on Obama, please. Put us out of our misery.

The mantle of conservative eloquence passes now to Hannity, Savage, Levin, and now "Hussein" Cunningham.

That is a big step down, like stepping into the Grand Canyon type of drop off.

The word "erudite" comes to mind.

Listening to Buckley pontificate on PBS was one of my early exposures to a mind of that caliber, focused on national and world events.

I can't honestly say we've got anybody like him on television these days.

Limbaugh's man-crush.
Pretty smart guy though, and even though I didn't agree with him, I did enjoy listening to his side of an issue.
Rest in peace Bill.

From the first time I saw him on "Firing Line" in my early years of college, I was a big fan.

As columnist Charles Krauthammer once wrote, he "glowed with intimidating self-assurance." His writings were superb, not just his columns, which I've missed, but also his accounts of sailing.

I consider myself lucky to have heard him speak at L.S.U. while I was there.

And to think that such a well-spoken and intelligent man could also become such a media "public figure"-- remember whne Robin Williams as the Genie in Disney's Aladdin 'did' him? And who can forget Joe Flaherty's hilarious imitations of Buckley on SCTV?

82 years is a long life, and one that enabled him to see his dreams come true.

RIP, WFB.

National Review is my favorite publication. Without it, there wouldn't have been a Weekly Standard or any other conservative periodical. Buckley was an original. RIP.

He was one of a kind. And his Blackford Oakes novels were good reads, too. RIP

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom