Rishard Matthews cut. (1 Viewer)

NatureBoy

16x World Champion
Reaction score
Not a surprise. Often, players with name value, aren’t what they once were, or appeared to be. It seems as though we have an ambitious group of youngsters who are showing well for themselves. Rishard had a long uphill battle and just wasn’t up for the challenge. Will the Saints roll with what they have? Will they bring in another veteran? Dez? I don’t think Austin Carr’s spot is safe either. It’s time to overhaul the bottom 2 spots on the WR depth chart. The Saints may just end up rolling with what they have (for now), but potentially grabbing one of someone else’s cuts at cutdown time.

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Butler, Humphrey, Harris....with Thonas
Not a surprise. Often, players with name value, aren’t what they once were, or appeared to be. It seems as though we have an ambitious group of youngsters who are showing well for themselves. Rishard had a long uphill battle and just wasn’t up for the challenge. Will the Saints roll with what they have? Will they bring in another veteran? Dez? I don’t think Austin Carr’s spot is safe either. It’s time to overhaul the bottom 2 spots on the WR depth chart. The Saints may just end up rolling with what they have (for now), but potentially grabbing one of someone else’s cuts at cutdown time.

Butler, Humphrey and Harris maybe the new overhaul players to add to an already young core of Thomas, Smith and Kirkwood (Ginn aside).

NatureBoy

16x World Champion
Reaction score
Butler, Humphrey, Harris....with Thonas

Butler, Humphrey and Harris maybe the new overhaul players to add to an already young core of Thomas, Smith and Kirkwood (Ginn aside).
There appears to be a lot of young potentials, which is exciting. We really need TQS to show up. Until proven different, Ginn is #2. I’d rather him be the #3 guy. TQS should be the #2 on this team, but is yet to seize that spot. He’s flashed a couple of times, but I remain unsure about him. Maybe I’m wrong, but to me, Kirkwood isn’t much more than a #4. I’d love to see one of the youngsters pass him on the depth chart.

jayhawk66

The Alaskan WhoDat
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
So strange.

What WR would quit this offense.

Must be a really good reason he wanted out
One that knows he likely won't make the roster. Oh, and has a history of quitting when they're not the #1.

I'm ready for some Grayson Jr., Butler, Humphrey playing time increases. LET'S GO.

TribuneUK

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score

schuetter

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Some dudes just aren't man enough for competition. No one would've given him another chance anyway. He's basically quit on three teams now when not treated as a #1 WR, which he is not.

I much prefer the potential and ceiling of some of our young guys and this just opens up a path to more looks and opportunities.

Rishard Matthews "No Longer Exist" lol

TribuneUK

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
What a freaking drama queen.
Good lord man, you pretty much had a roster spot sewed up on a super bowl contending team.
You're the one that signed the contract.....

What a chump.
I've got to say I've seen nothing to suggest he had a roster spot. Previous experience didn't get him out of playing with the 2s and 3s, and he wasn't trending upwards as camp went on.

SAINTSFAN

Contributor
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What a freaking drama queen.
Good lord man, you pretty much had a roster spot sewed up on a super bowl contending team.
You're the one that signed the contract.....

What a chump.
He apparently thinks someone owes him something. Sounds like he has some issues. I would not doubt he is the type that will complain that some agent or financial advisor stole his money once he is broke.

MightyMite

Mightiest of all Mites
Reaction score
I'm guessing that he didn't want to compete at the level required by good, competitive teams. Every successful team in the NFL is comprised (primarily) of hard workers. And I suspect any team led by Brees will have a very hard working attitude.

Based on his comments about the game no longer being a kid's game, it seems to me that he just wanted to go out and play and no more.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom