Rishard Matthews cut. (1 Viewer)

Per his Wiki page:

2018 seasonEdit
On August 21, 2018, Matthews signed a one-year contract extension with the Titans through the 2019 season.[26] On September 26, Matthews requested his release from the Titans, citing a lack of playing time and targets. The team granted his request the next day and released him.[27] Matthews finished with his time with the Titans with a total of 121 receptions, 1,751 receiving yards, and 13 receiving touchdowns.

Yeah, he's a quitter.

Maybe I’m wrong, but yesterday I thought “wow, they’re not giving much time to this vet guy”. If it’s correct (few/late snaps) maybe he thought the same.

Dang. I looked at him as the veteran measuring stick for our young WRs. If he had made the team then fine... we got a solid #3 or #4 WR... if he didn't, then we'd know that our young guns have at least reached his level without having reached their ceiling.
Oh well, I wish him luck. Turns 30 in a week or so. This could be the end of the road for him.

Dang. I looked at him as the veteran measuring stick for our young WRs. If he had made the team then fine... we got a solid #3 or #4 WR... if he didn't, then we'd know that our young guns have at least reached his level without having reached their ceiling.
Oh well, I wish him luck. Turns 30 in a week or so. This could be the end of the road for him.
Well he certainly set that bar pretty low, huh? ?

Honestly, was he gonna make the team anyway?

Thomas, Ginn, TreQuan and Kirkwood for sure.......Austin Carr, if nothing else, would know the playbook much better at this point.........then you have the "camp beast(s)" issue of Lil'Jordan, Cyril and Butler.

Honestly, was he gonna make the team anyway?

Thomas, Ginn, TreQuan and Kirkwood for sure.......Austin Carr, if nothing else, would know the playbook much better at this point.........then you have the "camp beast(s)" issue of Lil'Jordan, Cyril and Butler.
Yea, but why quit?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom