Rishard Matthews cut. (1 Viewer)

Reserve/Left Squad is a designation the Raiders should be considering for one of their WR'ers.

I also was interested in what Matthews would look like in camp. Guess his career is over now.

Not a surprise. Often, players with name value, aren’t what they once were, or appeared to be. It seems as though we have an ambitious group of youngsters who are showing well for themselves. Rishard had a long uphill battle and just wasn’t up for the challenge. Will the Saints roll with what they have? Will they bring in another veteran? Dez? I don’t think Austin Carr’s spot is safe either. It’s time to overhaul the bottom 2 spots on the WR depth chart. The Saints may just end up rolling with what they have (for now), but potentially grabbing one of someone else’s cuts at cutdown time.

Butler, Humphrey, Harris....with Thonas
Not a surprise. Often, players with name value, aren’t what they once were, or appeared to be. It seems as though we have an ambitious group of youngsters who are showing well for themselves. Rishard had a long uphill battle and just wasn’t up for the challenge. Will the Saints roll with what they have? Will they bring in another veteran? Dez? I don’t think Austin Carr’s spot is safe either. It’s time to overhaul the bottom 2 spots on the WR depth chart. The Saints may just end up rolling with what they have (for now), but potentially grabbing one of someone else’s cuts at cutdown time.

Butler, Humphrey and Harris maybe the new overhaul players to add to an already young core of Thomas, Smith and Kirkwood (Ginn aside).

Butler, Humphrey, Harris....with Thonas

Butler, Humphrey and Harris maybe the new overhaul players to add to an already young core of Thomas, Smith and Kirkwood (Ginn aside).
There appears to be a lot of young potentials, which is exciting. We really need TQS to show up. Until proven different, Ginn is #2. I’d rather him be the #3 guy. TQS should be the #2 on this team, but is yet to seize that spot. He’s flashed a couple of times, but I remain unsure about him. Maybe I’m wrong, but to me, Kirkwood isn’t much more than a #4. I’d love to see one of the youngsters pass him on the depth chart.

Some dudes just aren't man enough for competition. No one would've given him another chance anyway. He's basically quit on three teams now when not treated as a #1 WR, which he is not.

I much prefer the potential and ceiling of some of our young guys and this just opens up a path to more looks and opportunities.

Rishard Matthews "No Longer Exist" lol

What a freaking drama queen.
Good lord man, you pretty much had a roster spot sewed up on a super bowl contending team.
You're the one that signed the contract.....

What a chump.
I've got to say I've seen nothing to suggest he had a roster spot. Previous experience didn't get him out of playing with the 2s and 3s, and he wasn't trending upwards as camp went on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom