Rishard Matthews retires 2 days after Saints cut him (1 Viewer)

Just a guy playing the victim card...hope the door didn't hit him on the way out...

Given the comments in the thread, I cannot fathom where he got the idea that was merely a disposable cog...

To be fair, if he truly wanted to be indispensable, he’d have put in the work necessary. Michael Thomas is indispensable. And he’s the 2nd hardest working player on the team.

Everybody wants to be great. Not many wanna put the work in

Considering he's demanded a trade or release from the last few teams he's played for I'd say this is more of a Rishard Matthews issue. He's coming across as "the world is out to get me". You can look in the mirror and see the problem or you can look out the window and see the problem. He's definitely looking out the window.

I wish him well. Hopefully he finds more happiness away from the game.

Diva please.

You made more than I will in 10 lifetimes playing a game, and you are 29 years old.

Sorry that everyone is not bowing down to your every wish, kid.

People using me for Entertainment and not understanding that i Am a Black Man in America No Longer Exist

WTF does that even mean? Of course the only reason he was handsomely paid is because it's entertainment. Victim mentality all the way. I can't handle that this is a cut throat business where I'm a commodity that can always be replaced by someone more talented and or cheaper - that's what he should have wrote.

Instead he comes off as whiny and brings race into it where it had no impact on his circumstances at all. And this comes from someone anti-Trump. Guys like this just push people to the other side with the constant crying.

Disposable Cogs in our careers would probably be more like it.
If I don't perform, I can lose my job and I will be replaced. Its the same for the NFL and most jobs.
That doesn't mean there are not people here that care about me including my management, but if I can't do what they pay me to do, they don't have a choice but to let me go and find someone else.

So this guy made 14,700,000 in his even year career. he was a 7th round pick & averaged a little over $69,000.00 a catch. Or $4650.00/ yard, or $700,000.00/ TD in his very forgettable career. He should be a little more grateful. I would thin most people would be happy to make that kind of money playing a kid's game.

So this guy made 14,700,000 in his even year career. he was a 7th round pick & averaged a little over $69,000.00 a catch. Or $4650.00/ yard, or $700,000.00/ TD in his very forgettable career. He should be a little more grateful. I would thin most people would be happy to make that kind of money playing a kid's game.

MUST BE NICE!!! haha

I'd be happy with a 1/4 of that money

Based on this thread and the other one about him.................I'm starting to believe that others had higher hopes over this initial signing than I ever did, and now their disappointment is carrying over into bitter-sounding posts.

When I'd run through the possible 5 or 6 WRs in my head that we'd keep on the final roster, I'd forget he was even on the team. As such, I never really cared when he quit. Even with hearing he got a bit dramatic after the fact on social media.......it's just not that important (for me, anyway) to carry any sort of grudge against him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom