Rishard Matthews signed (1 Viewer)

This guy is a gamer. This is a late-FA steal. Very under the radar good player, despite suffering from shoddy QB play most of his career.
And still had an over 60% catch percentage and decent yardage totals every year he played. And he's 29. This was a fantastic addition to the wide receivers room.

Is it just me or does 13 WR's seem like significantly more than we usually carry into camp? I suppose being confident in most other positions is allowing us to carry a few more receivers to find the one or two new guys who can provide better depth than last season.

Is it just me or does 13 WR's seem like significantly more than we usually carry into camp? I suppose being confident in most other positions is allowing us to carry a few more receivers to find the one or two new guys who can provide better depth than last season.

Agree. I also think it's for competition, especially when it comes to WRs who can make plays down the field.

Between this and addressing the interior OL, it makes me wonder if SP feels like our lack of a deep passing game was more on the WRs and OL than it was on the QB.

If Matthews' has his issues in check, he's got real life WR2 potential. All this dude wants to do is make plays and win. I think he came to the right place to do both. He's finally on a team w/a legit QB and an O that fits his skill set. Now, it's all on Matthews to hold up his end of the deal. Rooting hard for him, and Chad Hansen, too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom