Rishard Matthews signed (1 Viewer)

I liked it when we brought him in for the tryout, and figured he'd be signed if he had anything working for him... we are woefully young, inexperienced, injury-questionable, and unknown in the WR corps outside of MT and Ginn.

Glad he showed up ready... because he has the skill-set we lacked last season.

I'm just concerned that the video clip may just include only his best traits. Just kidding...lol. The kid looks like a gamer.

Hopefully he was humbled last season, and he just keeps his head down and mouth shut while he’s with the Saints. His ego forced him out of Tennessee, and he failed to make an impact with the Jets at all... catching 2 passes over 5 games before landing on IR. I hope I’m wrong about him and he ends up helping the Saints, but for now I’ll hold off on poo-pooing this signing or anointing him “the answer” at WR.

Last edited:
Good luck to this guy. He's got a lot to learn in short amount of time but he's an NFL veteran so he's got a chance.

Is it just me or does 13 WR's seem like significantly more than we usually carry into camp? I suppose being confident in most other positions is allowing us to carry a few more receivers to find the one or two new guys who can provide better depth than last season.

The sheer quality of these WRs we should head into preseason with also means our QB play is more relevant. A lot of issues crop up when evaluating our backup QBs because they are throwing to guys who won't make the roster. But I have to figure at least half othe guys who don't make the roster could end up on another team's practice squad if not right on their 53 man roster depending on how they all perform.

Rishard Matthews just makes things all the more good for us. I'm almost certain we'll carry 6 WRs and carry one fewer OL because some guys can play multiple spots. Same with safety with CGJ being able to be a special teamer, safety and slot corner.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom