Rivals 1st mock draft: (1 Viewer)

I think Jenkins would be a good pick. Lets see if he can shut down Early Doucet this monday. Id like to see Kenny Phillips, or Little Animal in black in gold too though.

Thats such an overrated knock on CB's. Jason David didn't struggle because he was a "zone" guy. He got beat just as badly when we played Cover 2. His first 5 TD's he gave up on the season came in a Cover 1/2 zone. You don't draft zone or man guys, you draft the best physical specimen with the best coverage skills (yes you still have to have those in a zone scheme). All defenses play zone. Jenkins is a freak physically, can play CB and safety, and has the coverage skills. A 6-1 208 pound CB will great coverage skills will be just fine in a man scheme. David's biggest shortcoming is that he is smaller then me, and I'm only 5'9" 165.
Thanks for explaining. That is what I thought but I knew we ran a man most of the time, evident when Jason David got burnt a lot, and a couple of articles I have read about the draft stated that Malcolm Jenkins was bad in man, and one, I think on ESPN, said he would never develop into an NFL man coverage corner.

Thanks for explaining. That is what I thought but I knew we ran a man most of the time, evident when Jason David got burnt a lot, and a couple of articles I have read about the draft stated that Malcolm Jenkins was bad in man, and one, I think on ESPN, said he would never develop into an NFL man coverage corner.

That ESPN article said shutdown corner, but really, how many shutdown corners are their in the NFL? If he can be a great CB like MM thats good enough for 1st round value. With his size and speed it'll be tough for him to get beat unless he is just aweful in coverage. I guess we'll get a better look Monday night.

I'd rather have Leodis in the 2nd... Leodis is a man CB... Jenkins is a zone CB.. even that INT in the video was from the zone.

Malcom Jenkins plays safety and cornerback, according to the TP. Since teams would never throw his way, Ohio State played him at safety so he could still be heavily involved.

I like the kid Aqib Talib from Kansas that plays CB. I think after the combine his stock will shoot up if not, he's going to be the steal in the draft.

Last edited:
Terrible mock draft.

I'm a big time LSU fan but anyone that thinks Early Doucet will go 11th overall is smoking something. He's just not that good.

I agree he probably won't an shouldn't go 11th overall, . He missed 5 games and still led the team in receptions. The problem this year was he was always used for the WR screens and if it blew up, he was tackled for a 2-yard gain. He wasn't given many deep routes, probably due to the groin injury, but he went across the middle often and didn't have alligator arms. Also, Flynn isn't exactly a good QB talent-wise. Good leader, but leaves a lot to be desired in the talent department. If Early goes that high, it's due to potential. If he hadn't been injured for 5 games, he might've gone up the boards. But based on his performance, I'd say he's a late-first to a mid-second WR right now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom