Rivals: Patrick Johnson's ACT score flagged (1 Viewer)

It means that his score went up too high from his previous scores. I think he has to re-take it. The ACT will look into who sat around him and investigate if he cheated.

It can also be because he scored significantly higher on one part of the test than the other. I had a friend that scored a 20 on the math section and a 30 on the English part and was flagged because of it.

Last edited:
It can also be because he scored significantly higher on one part of the test than the other. I had a friend that scored a 20 on the math section and a 30 on the English part and was flagged because of it.

I go a 29 in math and a 14 in english and mine wasn't flagged.

This is actually really getting interesting, because evidently the University of Florida are the ones that flagged him. Meaning that they informed the clearinghouse about a question about PJ's grades. If you want more info check out tigerbait.com the info is in there with quotes about it from PJ himself. Needless to say him and his family are not happy with the situation and he says he will be at LSU shortly.

He took another this past Friday in case the NCAA Clearinghouse doesn't like this one...

This is actually really getting interesting, because evidently the University of Florida are the ones that flagged him. Meaning that they informed the clearinghouse about a question about PJ's grades. If you want more info check out tigerbait.com the info is in there with quotes about it from PJ himself. Needless to say him and his family are not happy with the situation and he says he will be at LSU shortly.

I looked all around Tigerbait and the PJ article and i couldn't find anything that mentioned Florida, do you have any direct links to the Florida quotes?

I was told the last time he took it (the one that got flagged) he was in a room by himself.

From the article posted by jimmac:

"I'm not upset," Johnson said. "Florida made an issue about the ACT score. They're cowards. They had to go behind my back. But that's OK. We play them this year (on Oct. 11 at Florida)."

I like this guy already. :D

On the rivals board they're talking about how he couldn't get into any other school and "settled" on LSU because our academic standards are significantly lower. Same with Toliver last year. Couldn't get into UF so he settled on LSU.

On the rivals board they're talking about how he couldn't get into any other school and "settled" on LSU because our academic standards are significantly lower. Same with Toliver last year. Couldn't get into UF so he settled on LSU.

Typical slander of Louisiana's academic standards. LSU's freshman entrance requirements are actually higher than Florida's. Florida requires a 19 composite on the ACT, with a 17 in English and 19 in math. LSU requires a 22 composite with an 18 in math (going up to 19 in the Fall of 2009) and an 18 in English. Florida requires a "C" average in high school coursework. LSU requires a 3.0. Florida requires 15 academic units (4 in English; 3 in math; 3 in natural science; 3 in social science; and 2 in a foreign language). LSU requires 16.5 academic units (4 in English; 3 in math; 3 in nat. sci.; 3 in soc. sci.; 2 in foreign language; plus 1 more elective unit in math or nat. sci. and .5 units in computer science). Check it out for yourself:

http://www.lsu.edu/paurec/freshman.shtml

http://www.admissions.ufl.edu/ugrad/frqualify.html

So when a top athlete would rather go to LSU than Florida, it's not because he's dumb and we're lax in our standards. Don't accept that kind of mythology about us. Just maybe a kid thinks he has a better chance to win at LSU as well as get a quality education. That's a pretty good bet in my estimation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom