Rivers race to beat Marino's record! (1 Viewer)

What? 4 of their last 5 games are all opponents with losing records and are a combined 13-30. The only opponent with a winning record is the division leader who they are just 1 game behind. They are very much in playoff contention.

They''ll do what they do every year. Slow start followed by a crazy push at the end of the season, then they'll be summarily eliminated in the playoffs. Rivers will have to break that cycle before I jump on his bandwagon.

And I doubt he breaks the record.

They''ll do what they do every year. Slow start followed by a crazy push at the end of the season, then they'll be summarily eliminated in the playoffs. Rivers will have to break that cycle before I jump on his bandwagon.

http://www.nfl.com/standings

They're only one game out of the division lead. But you're right, if they don't win the division, they likely won't make the playoffs. That's mostly because how it looks now, the wildcards will be out of the AFC north and AFC east, barring a major slide.

derp.. I just re-read your post.. eliminated IN the playoffs.. not from. hehe. yeah, that's still possible. The chargers still just seem to be like one piece away... but that piece keeps changing.

I agree with all of this. I was just replying to a poster who was saying Rivers was a terrible QB because his team wasnt in playoff contention. So I pointed out they were very much IN playoff contention.

it must be nice to play in a division so crappy that you can afford to start off horribly each year and still win the division

I hate Rivers and Vick like none other. If either of those two win the MVP combined with a 2011 lockout, I will likely lose all interest in the NFL as a whole.

I hate Rivers and Vick like none other. If either of those two win the MVP combined with a 2011 lockout, I will likely lose all interest in the NFL as a whole.

An award not given by the NFL but a bunch of writers would partially cause you to turn away from watching New Orleans Saints football? Alrighty then.

As for the MVP award I only give credence to the one awarded by the Maxwell Club :9:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bert_Bell_Award

also their College award is TONS WAY BETTER! Than the Heisman (at least in 2000).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxwell_Award

Drew Brees isn't the media darling....? How many talk shows did Brees did this offseason?

For some reason, we love to play the victim card. I don't know why, but it seems as if this fan base loving complaining about something. Brees is among the most respected men in all of sports, and the media put him there.

Because the New Orleans general mentality is that everyone is always out to get them? It's actually pretty irritating.

Drew's numbers are more than adequate for serious consideration for MVP. The "buzz Kill" for Brees are the interceptions, hands down. This has caused his passer rating to fall well short of Rivers and Brady. While Brady and Rivers have comparable passer ratings, Rivers has thrown for alot more yardage. That in itself should push Rivers ahead of Brady but that's just my opinion. That does not take into account record, division, injuries, etc. You can make a legitimate argument for any of the top QB's if you want to take the time to do it.

Drew's numbers are more than adequate for serious consideration for MVP. The "buzz Kill" for Brees are the interceptions, hands down. This has caused his passer rating to fall well short of Rivers and Brady. While Brady and Rivers have comparable passer ratings, Rivers has thrown for alot more yardage. That in itself should push Rivers ahead of Brady but that's just my opinion. That does not take into account record, division, injuries, etc. You can make a legitimate argument for any of the top QB's if you want to take the time to do it.

Compare the pass defenses Rivers has faced to those Brady has faced. That's taking nothing away from Rivers who is having an outstanding year.

MVP=Who without that player on their team would suffer a greater dropoff of wins. Drew Brees hands down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom