Rivers race to beat Marino's record! (1 Viewer)

tophergillock

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I don't understand all the Phillip Rivers love concerning him beating Marino's record and being the MVP this year. Two years ago Drew missed out on the MVP and he was alot closer at this point in the season to breaking it. Here are a few other fun facts:

Passing Yards:

River's = 3362
P. Manning = 3344
Brees = 3321
Orton = 3370 (He is actually closer to beating Marino than River's)

So why is all the talk just about River's and none of these other guys?

Cuz all of the teams on the West Coast are sucking balls this year and they need something to talk about?

Where is Rivers getting serious MVP love? I haven't really seen it except for King putting him 2nd to Brady, which is probably accurate but really if Rivers, like Brees, doesn't make the playoffs he won't be a serious contender.

Rivers is playing like an animal, he deserves the talk. I can't stand the guy, but that doesn't change what he's doing out there.

We'll see where he stands in February.

That talk has tapered off a bit. At first he was on pace to throw for about 5500 yards!! Not he's moved back some.

Why do you guys care so much about Phillip Rivers. We have a great QB and so does the Chargers, but ours is a better all around guy and a better leader of our team, and Phillip is a big fat moosh. But other then that, he is a hell of a QB.

babytebowcry.png

It's unbelievable how Rivers can play in such a joke division choke in so many late game drives, still be 6-5 where KC is the best team and get such MVP love. I mean his stats really aren't any better than Brees who plays in arguably the toughest division in the NFL and has had more injury issues on his team than Rivers plus awful protection for most of the first 7 games of the season.

The national media promotes who they want to promote. Sometimes I think they get paid to promote the bigger market teams but that's just my opinion. If Drew does somehow pass for over 5000yds again he still may not become a media darling.

Remember this season Saints are the least talked about Super Bowl Champs in recent memory and no one has a clue why.

Drew Brees isn't the media darling....? How many talk shows did Brees did this offseason?

For some reason, we love to play the victim card. I don't know why, but it seems as if this fan base loving complaining about something. Brees is among the most respected men in all of sports, and the media put him there.

Drew Brees isn't the media darling....? How many talk shows did Brees did this offseason?

For some reason, we love to play the victim card. I don't know why, but it seems as if this fan base loving complaining about something. Brees is among the most respected men in all of sports, and the media put him there.

IDK.

I really think Drew still gets left out of the TOP QB discussions. Most of the time it is still Manning and Brady...Brady I can understand, but the basis for Manning is his 4 MVPs. Funny because 2 of them should have gone to Drew.

Regardless Drew need to average about 350 yards per game over the next five to break the record. He is in the hunt.

I really think Drew still gets left out of the TOP QB discussions

He's been in the top QB discussions for the past couple years now. Especially after we won it all.... In fact, I can't even think of one time since last February where Brees has been left out of that discussion at all, whether purposefully or accidentally..

As far as I see it he has been under the radar this season from most of the media's prospective, maybe because his stats are not like last seasons but even Brady and Sanchez are taking a backseat for Rivers this season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom