Rivers vs. DRC (iwitnesskr's breakdown) (1 Viewer)

DRC and Mayo/Lofton or Rivers and Porter/Flowers makes me absolutely giddy! Either scenario would make us much better.

I think it's very possible we pick an offensive player at #10 if they don't believe any of the available defensive prospects raye the pick. The only positions I see as out of the question are QB and WR.

I don't know enough to guess about whether or not any of the TEs are top 10 material or not but it seems like they're trying pretty hard upgrade the position.

RB might be a longshot but with the question marks we have regarding the position it wouldn't shock me see them go that way either.

Any OL prospects other than Long who might be rated high enough to warrant being picked that high?

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing them trading the pick for a solid veteran DT or DB.

Rivers is rated high my many here because his position ranks high as a need for this team. I think people are over-inflating how good he really could be. Yes, he's the best LB in the draft, but he's not one of the 15 best players in the draft. We should take the best CB or one of the two best DTs (if they fell or we move up)

I'm not in love with Rivers at #10 either. I think we could trade down a few spots and still get him, but I'd rather they take DRC at #10.

I'm sure you aren't applying to be a scout anytime soon.

Oh boy.. No, I'm just a fan with an opinion. Sorry I offended you with my shallow thoughts on how DRC just might possibly be a risk having never played consistently against top talent...

what level he played on is of no relevance in his case

What about his ability to play football against top dogs? Is one senior bowl enough proof to make him a 10? I guess so, how foolish of me to consider his competition level..

Answer me this, If he's been dominating 1AA how do you think he'll handle it when Steve Smith burns him for 10-150 and a couple scores?? Don't you think he might need to be brought in a little more slowly? Maybe get him some real NFL playtime and confidence that he can run with these guys before throwing him in to the fire? You don't want to shatter his confidence and ruin a top prospect...

And your top 10 pick can't even start, is he worthy of 10 or should you have traded down a few slots, gotten the same guy and added an extra pick?? I know I'm no pro at this scouting thing but that is my 2 cents and I like rebuttals, just take it easy huh?

Oh boy.. No, I'm just a fan with an opinion. Sorry I offended you with my shallow thoughts on how DRC just might possibly be a risk having never played consistently against top talent...

What about his ability to play football against top dogs? Is one senior bowl enough proof to make him a 10? I guess so, how foolish of me to consider his competition level..

Answer me this, If he's been dominating 1AA how do you think he'll handle it when Steve Smith burns him for 10-150 and a couple scores?? Don't you think he might need to be brought in a little more slowly? Maybe get him some real NFL playtime and confidence that he can run with these guys before throwing him in to the fire? You don't want to shatter his confidence and ruin a top prospect...

And your top 10 pick can't even start, is he worthy of 10 or should you have traded down a few slots, gotten the same guy and added an extra pick?? I know I'm no pro at this scouting thing but that is my 2 cents and I like rebuttals, just take it easy huh?

McShane, I think some people share your apprehension of picking DRC considering where he played College ball, but NFL scouts do the exact same thing as NBA scouts....they project players to see how they'll be in the Pros. That's why you see great College players go undrafted and just be ok college players go so high (example Mario Williams) and become better NFL players than college.

From everything I've seen of DRC and read, it looks as if he is the mirror image to Kobe Bryant coming out of high school. The talent level is an rediculously obvious, but the potential in the player is too great to ignore.

BTW, I'm actually in the camp that thinks Rivers would be a great pickup at 10, but DRC would be a close second choice.

ManningAndCromartie-1.jpg

Rivers could make this team better this year. DRC probably would not start until later in the year and probably would not have as much an instant impact. CB position is the hardest to break into the league in and excel quickly, although the OLB position is easier for a rookie to make an immediate impact. DRC may excel 2-3 years from now, but highly unlikely this year. Also you put champ bailey out on an island and ask him to cover a receiver for 7 or 8 seconds and he would look very average at best. Top flight cornerbacks are useless without an elite front 7 IMO.

Put it this way: I'm not saying that DRC will necessarily be drafted higher than Rivers, but I think a team with a top 10 pick is MUCH more likely to take a chance on DRC than on Rivers. I just don't see enough upside to merit picking Rivers so high, whereas DRC does have the possibility of being a premiere shut down CB in this league for years to come.

i would have to say DRC... i mean our linebackers from the past 2 years aint that bad it was our secondary i mean we had Simoneau, Fujita, and Shanle ... i say that we get DRC and just move Simoneau outside and that would be pretty good

Guys there are plenty of other good linebackers in corners in the draft if we dont get our hands on them!!

I like Ali Highsmith, Zenon, and Chevis Jackson!! Dont sleep on these guys...LSU produce LEGIT Defensive PRO'S

I like the idea of DRC in the first. There are just so many LBs that look like the real deal from late first round on back. I think if both Ellis and Dorsey are gone you pull the plug on DRC and grab a linebacker or two in the later rounds.

DRC played 1AA ball? No thanks. I'm not interested in a combine champ (Mamula) I want proven, division 1A talent at 10. That is too risky for me, I think other teams will shy from him b/c of that. Teams have learned by getting burned that the combine isn't all that (Big Daddy Wilkinson). I would expect DRC to drop into the later first like Cromartie of SD (had limited gametime but was a combine champ)

Blah to you sir, as i mentioned Arneas Williams played 1AA ball at Southern University, and was a top tier cornerback, so miss me with the Talent issue, not everyone that plays in 1A is talented, if they were they would all make it to the draft and be contributors.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom