Road schedule looking easier and easier (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Our remaining road schedule is looking pretty week after three weeks, though A LOT can change as the season progresses. But as of now, four of our last six road opponents are winless. Miami has lost Pennington for the season, then there is St. Louis, Tampa, Washington, Atlanta, and Carolina.

Atlanta will obviously be a very tough trip, and Washington is never an easy place to win. But Miami, StL, Tampa, and Carolina should be wins AS OF NOW. We could very well rip off a 7-1 road record this year.

Our remaining road schedule is looking pretty week after three weeks, though A LOT can change as the season progresses. But as of now, four of our last six road opponents are winless. Miami has lost Pennington for the season, then there is St. Louis, Tampa, Washington, Atlanta, and Carolina.

Atlanta will obviously be a very tough trip, and Washington is never an easy place to win. But Miami, StL, Tampa, and Carolina should be wins AS OF NOW. We could very well rip off a 7-1 road record this year.

Nothing is easy. This is the NFL!

Didn't say easy...said easIER, lol. With Pennington going down, Tampa and Carolina sucking wind after 3 weeks, and St. Louis looking totally inept, our road schedule is looking easIER than it did before the season started.

The entire schedule is set up for us to make a huge run. Our most challenging road game going into the season looked to be Philly, not including ATL since we get a return home game. All of our tough games are at home. I see 13-3 as a very reasonable outcome.

I've been telling everyone that also. Two games in domes and two on the road.............then Carolina and Washington.....................basically just one more cold game. The game I am most concerned about is one that I will be at (Miami) because it is a trap game in between the Gmen and the falcons.

So far it looks like we've caught a major break in the schedule this year. We have 8 common games (not counting division match ups) with the Falcons and 2 non-common games. Of those common games we get the Jets, the Giants, the Patriots and the Cowboys at home. Our road contests consist of the Eagles, the Bills, the Dolphins, and the Redskins on the road. Our non-common games are against Detriot (already a blow out win) and St. Louis (owners of the longest current losing streak in the league).

The Falcons, on the other hand, have a mirror image schedule. They have to go to New England (already a lose), to Dallas and to New York (both for the Giants and the Jets). They get the Eagles, the Bills, the Dolphins (already a win) and the Redskins at home. Their swing games are Chicago at home and San Francisco on the road.

If the first 3 weeks are any indication it looks like we've got our toughest games at home while the Falcons have their toughest games on the road. Going into the season I thought the Philadelphia game would be our most important non-division road game of the year and we've already gotten that one out of the way with no problem. The Bills game is taken care of so that leaves us only having to play road games against our normal division opponents along with the Dolphins, Redskins and Rams (who all look mediocre at best).

Bottom line, with the offense playing the way they are, the defense coming along and the schedule falling into our favor there's no reason why we shouldn't be able to run away with the division and possibly get a first round bye this year.

I don't think ive ever seen you agree with anyone since I have been on this forum. I bet you were thinking "hmmm this is the NFL, the Saints are going to have a tough time with the Lions and the Rams!!"

Bet Washington on how easy the Lions game was this week. Also during one of Jim Hassellet final years all the Saints needed win one of the final four games against some losing teams and guess what? They lost all four. This is the NFL and not the SEC you can lose on any given Sunday.

I don't think ive ever seen you agree with anyone since I have been on this forum. I bet you were thinking "hmmm this is the NFL, the Saints are going to have a tough time with the Lions and the Rams!!"

We didn't do so great against the 0-7 Rams two years ago...

Well with Washington losing to the Lions, they may not be very tough. I'm nervous about our home schedule, boy does it look hard.

Just looking at the schedule, we did get the two toughest road games out of the way with wins. That is huge. You can't really say the rest are sure wins, but we know that we are better than all those teams. And some of them (Miami, Tampa, St Louis, Carolina) are really struggling. But things can change. 0-x teams can be desperate.

We didn't do so great against the 0-7 Rams two years ago...

we didn't do so well against *anybody* 2 years ago. That team was having the same hang over that Carolina, Tennessee, and Miami are having.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom