Road Trips to Disney - Do you stop on the way? (1 Viewer)

I dont live in Atlanta, but to me, the #1 advantage, i think, would be the proximity to some great beaches.. you have beaches on the east coast, like Hilton Head Island, which i think is only like 4 hrs from Atlanta .. then you have some of the nicest beaches in America- along the panhandle and SW Fla- anywhere from 4 hrs to 8 hrs away.. places like Destin, “30A”, Seaside, Rosemary Beach .. then if you drive a little further south- Anna Maria Island, Siesta Key, St Pete Beach etc.

And Delta Airlines. It's not hard to get on a plane and travel to anywhere in the world if the right deal presents itself.

I guess the best way to say it would be, the #1 advantage of living in Atlanta is how easy it is to leave it for other places.

And Delta Airlines. It's not hard to get on a plane and travel to anywhere in the world if the right deal presents itself.

I guess the best way to say it would be, the #1 advantage of living in Atlanta is how easy it is to leave it for other places.

Proximity to other places being the #1 advantage is exactly how i felt about Houston for the decade i lived there, esp proximity to NOLA.

In re to Atlanta, i like the idea of being able to drive to so many places in only a few hours, b/c i love road trips.. .. but if you do decide to catch a plane, then hell, you can be in some seriously nice places like the Caribbean in only an hour or two.

If I time it right, I'll stop to eat in Spanish Fort, which is just on the other side of Mobile. Theres some places you can see from the bridge to the right, but more options if you exit and go left (so a little north of the bridge). Last time I stopped there I went to https://g.page/CaliforniaDreamingSpanishFort?share which suited what I was looking for. Was there for about an hour, sat outside, the weather was pleasant and it was pretty quiet

FYI...here’s my I-10 restaurant guide. My favorite restaurant between Mississippi and Lake City, that are 10 or less minutes off the interstate and aren’t fast food.

Pensacola- George’s (for lunch), Craft Gourmet Bakery (for dessert...their mousse bomb is life changing)

Crestview- Wild Olive (very good food...some health options)

Marianna- Sweet Beans Coffee House (great coffee place with some food options)

Tallahassee- 1 Fresh Stir Fry (quick...lots of healthy options)

Lake City- Pizza Boy (not healthy but great local pizza place)

Now that I live in Crestview, I'll have to check out Wild Olive.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom