Rob Ryan’s Saints contract limits his contact with the media (now refuted by Greg Bensel) mod edit... (1 Viewer)

wope

TWO DAT!
Reaction score
Andy Fenelon, a senior editor at NFL.com, wrote on Twitter that Ryan’s contract with the Saints says Ryan can’t talk to the press unless he gets approval from Saints Vice President of Communications Greg Bensel.

Report: Rob Ryan

If it got approved im sure it states something like "any contact with the media besides designated NFL Media times must be approved before hand by Bensel."

It that is the case, then this maybe is what I have been thinking all night, that in reality this contract may be a one year trial basis.

A lot has been said of Ryan being the best available candidate, but let's not kid ourselves, it is not like the pool was deep enough. Limiting from day 1 of one coach can or can't do is not a good way to start a relation.

On the opposite way, if this works, it can be for the long haul. We know Ryan is a controversial personality on NFL levels, and the performance of brother Rex will not help him getting head coaching offers.

I don't think there will be a middle point here, either he is our man for a year or for the long term. Hoping for the latter.

thank god! the last thing I want is to hear him run his mouth constantly... just coach them boys up, and let the winning speak for itself....

The guy is a deprived, starving for attention, individual. He puts attention on himself first. I think this was a reach for this organization. They went for the name, instead of really conducting an all out search for the best possible candidate. They instead settled for a name.

If this is true about his contract, it affirms my thoughts about Ryan. ME FIRST, personality.

He is our DC so of course I hope he works out, but I think it will be a disaster...ala Ditka, when he was hired on name, at the time of his career he was hired.

I wonder if this is about leaking information; obviously Payton and Vitt believe that Gregg Williams leaked confidential team information to Jeff Duncan, and I wonder if that is what Payton is trying to prevent from happening again.

personally I don't think it matters too much myself. The tone of our team is set by SP.....you can see it from our players and coaches. I think the meeting and locker rooms will dictate what gets said in the media. SP will not tolerate a loud mouth.

I love it. No peanut butter/sand hints and no bulletin board material. This was my only worry with Ryan his propensity to run his big bleep mouth.

i think they just want to keep him from saying anything to the media at 3 in the morning on Bourbon Street

What does Bellichek do?
There are no team spokesmen besides himself. He deliberately makes his press conferences boring and offers nothing to the media. Great strategy.

What does Bellichek do?
There are no team spokesmen besides himself. He deliberately makes his press conferences boring and offers nothing to the media. Great strategy.

This

I doubt if they stop him from speaking to the press..but im sure they will try to have a good grasp on what his conferences will detail.

What does Bellichek do?

Now if he could just win a Super Bowl without cheating he'd really be somebody to model after....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom