Rob Ryan’s Saints contract limits his contact with the media (now refuted by Greg Bensel) mod edit... (1 Viewer)

It that is the case, then this maybe is what I have been thinking all night, that in reality this contract may be a one year trial basis.

A lot has been said of Ryan being the best available candidate, but let's not kid ourselves, it is not like the pool was deep enough. Limiting from day 1 of one coach can or can't do is not a good way to start a relation.

On the opposite way, if this works, it can be for the long haul. We know Ryan is a controversial personality on NFL levels, and the performance of brother Rex will not help him getting head coaching offers.

I don't think there will be a middle point here, either he is our man for a year or for the long term. Hoping for the latter.

im sure CP sat down with him and told him exactly what is expected (before he signs) and the mentality of the franchise... im sure they agreed "together" this was the best way forward (or at least our coach made it seem like that to ryan who doesnt strike me as the sharpest tool :hihi:)

If you ask me Ryan needs us to straighten him out and give him the winning mentality to move u the coaching level nd this is a brilliant oppertuniy he wont screw up.... WHO DAT :Bandance:

I think Ryan knows this is his best opportunity to get a Super Bowl (unlike Oakland, Cleveland, and Dallas).
With how the team is structured, I don't think there will be any problems with his press conferences.

What does Bellichek do?
There are no team spokesmen besides himself. He deliberately makes his press conferences boring and offers nothing to the media. Great strategy.

Sean Payton is a big admirer of Bill's. He's been trying to model our franchise after theirs (success-wise). It makes sense.

Correct me if im wrong, but it seems to me that all of our coaches, sans SP, had this requirement. Seems to me that this is an example of the media making something outa nothing, which ia rly indicative of todays media.

SP is just trying to model this franchise after those who were and are successful before us. This looks to me, not to be limiting the access if Ryan to the media for fear of what he'll say, but limiting medias access to Ryan for fear of what the media will do.

Greg Bensel ‏@GregBensel
Report that Rob Ryan needs to get my OK before speaking to media is 100% false- he like all of our coaches, follow norm league media rules

Even though its been proven false, rumor is Goddell is investigating and prepared to take the following actions:
  • Forfeiture of the 2013 3rd & 4th round draft picks (because he can)
  • 12 game suspension of Payton (jealous of him, so I'm gonna pee in his cornflakes again)
  • 10 game suspension of Loomis (he shoulda know better)
  • 8 game suspension of Vitt (because he probably was involved)
  • 8 game suspension of Brees (because he musta known)
  • 6 game suspension of JT Curtis (because he produces good LA talent)
  • 10 year suspension of Gumbo (in the event the Saints bring him back)
  • Club fine of $15M (helps fund favorite charities)
  • 6 week ban of Shortstop Poboys (because he prefers Pita bread)

The guy is a deprived, starving for attention, individual. He puts attention on himself first. I think this was a reach for this organization. They went for the name, instead of really conducting an all out search for the best possible candidate. They instead settled for a name.

If this is true about his contract, it affirms my thoughts about Ryan. ME FIRST, personality.

He is our DC so of course I hope he works out, but I think it will be a disaster...ala Ditka, when he was hired on name, at the time of his career he was hired.

Maybe I am missing something here, but when has this Ryan ever been in the media promoting himself without being asked a question?

This organization asked for permission to speak with their top choices, and were denied. What else do you want?

Sounds like you have a bushel of sour grapes.

Awfully telling that a "senior editor" reports something that would be viewed as controversial so that the article gets "hits", all while being completely false.

Just proves, yet again, that being a "journalist" of any kind, no longer requires any research.

He should have to issue an apology for fake reporting

Awfully telling that a "senior editor" reports something that would be viewed as controversial so that the article gets "hits", all while being completely false.

Just proves, yet again, that being a "journalist" of any kind, no longer requires any research.

He should have to issue an apology for fake reporting

He should be fired.

I know everyone keeps harping on Rob Ryan for being a loud mouthed idiot who always gets in trouble. But, outside of the "I'll only be out of work 5 minutes" quip, does anyone have an example of him being this obnoxious *******?

It seems like a bit of it is guilt by association. It isn't his fault his brother is a fool

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom