Rob Ryan and other DC news... (1 Viewer)

but many don't know that Crennel is still getting paid from KC (for a couple years I think) so there's no real need for him to work. Any job he takes will lessen the amount of money he gets from KC, so in essence... he'd be taking a pay cut if he coaches anywhere this year.

This is not true n I wish people would quit perpetuating it!

Any money he makes from another team is deducted from the amount KC owes him so there is no pay cut involved... It would be the exact same.

This is not true n I wish people would quit perpetuating it!

Any money he makes from another team is deducted from the amount KC owes him so there is no pay cut involved... It would be the exact same.

So we could pay him nothing, letting KC pay his salary. :9:

Seriously, how much are we talking about here?

I wonder if Grantham would work as a position coach under Ryan or Crennel if they got hired?

Todd Grantham dodges question about Saints interview

Posted by Ben Kercheval on February 6, 2013, 2:00 PM EST

Last night, reports surfaced that Georgia defensive coordinator Todd Grantham was expected to interview for the same position with the New Orleans Saints on Thursday, with coach Sean Payton telling Kristian Garic of WWL directly that he planned on interviewing Grantham.

Todd Grantham dodges question about Saints interview | CollegeFootballTalk

@LarryHolder why we not looking at Jim Tomsula of the 49ers???
from Arabi, LA

Larry Holder ‏@LarryHolder
@Abadie26 Payton may be. He talked about how he's waiting on permission from teams to talk to other assistants. He could be one of them.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
#Saints contacted #49ers to attempt to interview 49ers DBs coach Ed Donatell for their DC job. He's under contract. #49ers blocked interview
Retweeted by Larry Holder

typical...so if they blocked Donatell, I bet they'll block Tomsula too, if we even asked.

Wonder if we are looking at any Ravens coaches.

That's the second year in a row Harbaugh has done that. It'll come back to haunt him when the boot is on the other foot.

Does anybody know how common it is for teams to refuse permission for their position coaches to interview elsewhere?

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
@LarryHolder LOL. Guess so! Must say, I'm surprised. But maybe because it's the Saints, a possible competitor for SB?

Larry Holder ‏@LarryHolder
@RapSheet True. But it could even go back to Harbaugh being bitter at Payton for blitzing too much in a 2011 preseason game.

Does anybody know how common it is for teams to refuse permission for their position coaches to interview elsewhere?

I was tweeting back and forth with <s>@</s>ChrisHansenNFL and he said it happen more often than not. We don't always hear about it, but it is very common. It is (the topic of blocking) coming up more now because of the lack of minority offensive coordinators.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom